Chapter 6.

Harry's thumb smoothly brushed over the soft fur of the stuffed teddy bear before he placed it back in the cot, sighing deeply. He turned round and scanned his bedroom, which was a mess. Cardboard boxes lay in a heap, baby clothes lay askew on the carpet and blankets toppled over each other on the bed. Harry wondered over to his bed and grabbed Hannah's old denim jacket, rubbing the material against his fingers before he sank down to the floor, feeling as distraught as ever.

He sniffed feverishly, attempting to wipe his nose when somebody cleared their throat in the hallway. Harry looked up, surprised to see the blonde lad standing in the doorway. "Is this a bad time?" He asked politely and Harry silently shook his head, watching him we he sat down next to him. It was like Deja Vu. He had sat in the same spot here with him a couple of days ago, although to Harry it seemed like a week. "I don't need a baby sister." Harry spoke firstly and the blonde lad rolled his eyes.

"I didn't say you did." He challenged and Harry scoffed. "I didn't catch your name. Before, at the questioning." Harry said suddenly and his lips twitched at the corner. "Niall." He replied and Harry nodded. Niall. He liked it. It suited him. The name kind of rolls of the tip of his tongue...

"You probably don't need to ask for my name." Harry said in a matter if fact tone and Niall gave a short laugh. "No. You're the infamous Harry Edward Styles." He snorted and it was Harry's turn to roll his eyes. "This is probably a stupid question, but how are you holding up?" Niall asked and Harry hesitated before answering. He wasn't really a fan of opening up to people. The more people he trusted, it meant the more people he had to say goodbye too. It was just how his life worked. Harry trusted Hannah with his life, and now she was gone. What was he supposed to now? Lie?

"I'm all right. I just need to get rid of everything and that's me sorted-"

"You are not all right." Niall interrupted and Harry was taking by surprise again. "You can't lie to me, I can see right through you." Niall demanded and anger boiled inside Harry. "Yeah, that's because it's your job." He retorted harshly, standing up and walking into the kitchen, abandoning Hannah's jacket on the floor. Niall paused for a second, being careful with his choice of words. He didn't want to upset Harry, not again. So instead he said nothing, walking over to the door and leaning against it, watching Harry.

"The funeral is in a week." Harry announced suddenly and Nialls eyes went wide. "So soon?" He asked, shocked. Harry's eyes started to water before he did his best to remain composed. "They're burying the baby as well." Harry explained and something clenched around Nialls heart at his words. "You're invited to come, if you want." Harry smiled weakly and Niall frowned. "But I didn't even know her, I'd just been intruding." Niall protested, feeling guilty.

"Not if your there to support me." Harry shrugged, feeling shy and Niall smiled. He supposed, it would be good for Niall to be there. It was Hannah's funeral after all. God knows what would happen in a funeral parlour, and it might give Niall a little insight. “Okay, I’ll come.” Niall finally breathed, giving in to Harry’s pink pouty lips and puppy-like eyes. Harry beamed a little, but not so much that he was ecstatic. “Y’know…maybe after the funeral, you could stay at my place? Just so you could get your head around things and get back on your feet.” Niall suggested uncertain and Harry turned around, looking puzzled. “I don’t want to be a bother.” Harry replied and Niall scoffed. “You won’t be. Zayn and Liam are always at work.” Niall shrugged and Harry tilted his head to the side. “Zayn and Liam?” he repeated, the names seeming unfamiliar to him. “My roommates.” Niall replied smugly and Harry’s mouth fell into the shape of an ‘o’. “I suppose a day or two couldn’t hurt.” He finally smiled and Niall grinned.

So the following week, Niall dressed smartly in a suit and tie, hiding his police badge and gun in his pockets just in case. “Where are you off too?” Liam asked sleepily, rubbing his tired eyes as he stood in his bedroom doorway. “Funeral.” Niall shrugged lazily. “Right, well, have fun.” Liam mumbled back and shut the door again. Niall raised an eyebrow. Have fun? At a funeral? Niall suspected Liam was too tired to even function what Niall had really said so he shrugged his shoulders, grabbing his black suit jacket before heading out.