Chapter 12.

Harry ran a hand through his hair, gnawing on his bottom lip and waiting impatiently for Louis. Zayn and Liam were sitting at either side of him, looking just as impatient.

A mobile phone sat in the middle of the table and it was ringing temptingly, Nialls name appearing on the screen. Liam was biting his lip nervously and his eyes fell on Louis when he returned. "All right, answer it." Louis demanded, nodding toward the phone and Zayn slid the lock across to answer it and a disoriented voice sounded from it.

"I'll cut the crap, Louis. I have what you want. And you know you have what I want. So let's all be friendly about it and hand him over? Then you'll get your Niall back. He's not been much used to us anyway." The man said and Louis walked over to Nialls desk where a substitute cop was sitting and silently demanded him to trace the call. Louis was stalling him as much as possible.

"No." Louis replied loudly and there was a pause. "No?" The caller repeated. "That's right. But we have money. Lots of it. For you." Louis suggested warily and there was a short pause. "I have no interest in money." The man snapped and Zayn and Louis groaned in frustration, throwing themselves back on their chairs. "I only want Mr Styles. Then you can have your precious Niall back." The man sneered, followed by a yell of pain from the other end of the line. Harry's heart began to quicken and he stood up, alert, only to be sat back down by Louis.

"What do you want with Harry anyway?" Louis asked curiously, eyeing Harry up. But Harry was too oblivious, staring long and hard at the phone, his body shaking with anger and his hands clenched into fists. Zayn was the only one that attempted to calm him down, caressing his back a little but without Niall, it was useless.

"Let's just say, we...have a few unfinished business we need to attend. It's something I like to call revenge. If he's listening right now, he'll know what I'm talking about." The caller explained and Harry froze, staring at the phone before snapping his head up, looking worriedly at Louis. There was another cry of pain from the other end of the line and Harry was close to exploding, smashing the phone in every manner possible. "And if that means hurting every last stinking person that he loves, then so be it." He added and Harry whimpered quietly, resting himself on the seat like the other lads.

"All right. We give in. We don't want you hurt Niall so we'll hand Harry over to you. Where are you right now?" Louis asked, when the cop stuck his thumbs up to Louis, indicating that they found where Niall was. Louis sighed with relief, waiting patiently. "That's for us to know and for you to find out. We'll see you soon, Louis." The caller replied and hung up.

Louis demanded Harry to stand up, so he did. "You're not really handing me over, are you?" Harry asked uncertainly and Louis chuckled. "Of course not, we're not that stupid. It's just gonna be a set up." Louis assured him, patting him on the back. "Zayn and Liam? I need you both to stay here in case there's been a change of plan." Louis sighed and the boys nodded, looking miserable. Harry followed Louis to the lift and down to his car. "I have a really bad feeling about this." Harry admitted and Louis sighed, fastening his seat belt.

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. If they see you, they'll be reassured. Okay?" Louis promised and Harry nodded and they set off. As they drove, Harry suddenly realised the familiarity of the place. "Where is this address?" Harry asked suspiciously and Louis hesitated before answering. "It's right next to where Hannah lives." He admitted and Harry scoffed, flashing a cold smirk. "Of course it is." Harry sighed and Louis couldn't help but pity the younger lad.

A whole line of security and cops were parked outside the house and Harry was a little more reassured than before. "See? I told you you'd be all right." Louis smiled and Harry sighed, stepping out of the car. "Stay close to me." Louis ordered, taking Harry's arm and guiding him over to the chiefs car where a man held up a speakers phone.

"Matt and Sean? We have you both surrounded! You are arrested under the suspicion of hostage, there is no way out." The cop explained loud and clear. Harry's eyes fell on a curtain dropping and his heart hammered in his chest again, waiting for Niall.

Niall looked up, hearing the voice of the chief and his eyes fell on Matt looking out the window. "Well, Harry's there. Looks like they do listen after all." Matt sighed, pulling the curtain down again. Niall gulped nervously, fidgeting around in the chair that he was tied against. "Just tell me what you want with Harry." Niall said desperately and Matt sighed.

"Suppose there isn't any harm now. He was my best mate, Niall. Gemma's boyfriend. And he killed him. We've never really gotten over it and we wanted to return the favour to Harry." Matt explained with a shrug and realisation dawned on Niall. "And it took you three years later to come up with a plan? You really aren't as smart as I thought you were." Niall smirked, only to earn a swipe across his cheek in return.

There was a loud thud and clatter, followed by a yell and their heads snapped up. "Sean?!" Matt yelled but there was no reply. "Sean?!" Matt repeated. Panicking, Matt stepped forward to Niall when the door burst open and Harry stood in the door way, breathing heavily. Nialls eyes widened in sheer shock, suddenly terrified.

"What have you done to my brother?!" Matt yelled and Niall froze, eyes wide at Harry. "You got what you wanted, Matt. You got me." Harry spat back and Niall watched in horror as Matt charged at Harry, only to be pushed back by Harry at the same time. Harry aimed a punch at Matt, smacking him in the jaw and Niall jumped with fright. Matt fell to the floor, weak, and Harry lunged himself on top of him, straddling him.

"That's. For. Hurting. Niall." Harry spat, dragging each word out into a long sentence with each punch he hit at Matt, his hands clenched tightly into fists and Matt now lay unconscious, knocked out from Harry's hitting. "Harry!" Niall yelled, desperate to stop him and Harry looked up, shooting Niall an intense gaze. He sprung to his feet and reached over to Niall.

"N-no. No. Get Louis instead. Please." Niall whined desperately and Harry froze, debating. He looked up at the window when a loud clatter was to be heard from outside the room. Niall was too scared of Harry for him to even touch him. Harry’s eyes snapped back to the door and he sighed deeply. “I’m sorry, Niall. We don’t have time for Louis. They won’t be out for long.” Harry explained and Niall whimpered when Harry bent down behind him to untie the sharp rope. Harry gasped when he saw the purple lines and red bruises across Niall’s skin, the rope burn he had received from his hands being knotted together. Niall sighed with relief, untangling his hands and looking hopefully up at Harry.