13 | first "i love you"

. . .

first love

. . .

Harry Potter: It was just before the end of your sixth year. A lot had happened and your relationship had its major ups and downs. Neither of you wanted anything to change, but as hard as both of you tried, the world had other plans. Something big was coming and you weren't sure if your relationship was going to make it this time.

You looked at Harry with sadness in your eyes. Everything was different now. You no longer could ignore the dangers that came with caring for him. It was a package deal and no matter how much you told yourself you could handle it, there was no way Harry would even let you risk your life for him.

It was better if you stayed out of it. You knew this, but it still hurt to think about it.

"Everythings going to change now, isn't it?" You finally speak, breaking the silence between the two of you.

"Yes," Harry answered honestly. It was the best he could do, but it gave you no comfort.

You nod your head slowly. You knew it was time to go your separate ways, but that didn't mean it hurt any less.

"I love you, Harry," you say, releasing a breath you didn't even know you were holding.

Who knew three little words could change everything and nothing all at the same time. But you had to say them. For yourself or you would regret it for the rest of your life.

"I love you too, Y/N," Harry replies, with a half smile.

You never thought those words would hurt so much, but what was even worst was the goodbyes.

Ron Weasley: It was a few weeks after the Battle of Hogwarts. The death of his older brother was still a very open wound and you had never seen Ron so miserable. You missed his jokes and usual cheery self. You could see him sometimes staring at the door half-expecting Fred to come barging into the house, laughing and teasing him like old times. His death was hard for all of you and nobody could really believe he was gone. But he was.

Ron sat there, at the edge of the bed, his head in his hands crying his eyes out, like he had done every night this week. You absolutely hated seeing him this way. You remember when you were the exact same way when your father died. You always looked at the door each night hoping he would walk through. You cried yourself to sleep. And worst of all the pain never went away.

Sighing, you looked over to Ron. He was feeling the exact same pain. You wished you could take it away; make it all better, but you couldn't. Instead, you wrapped your arms around his torso. He shook at your touch, but soon relax in your embrace. It took him a while to calm down but once he did, he slowly fell into a peaceful sleep.