Chapter Twenty Eight: Totally Insane

Start from the beginning

"Go away", I said through giggles. He turned the camera back to himself.

"She's so adorable, right? Although, at the age you will be a when you watch this, you'll probably say we're embarrassing you", he said. I laughed again. "Anyway, we love you little man. Bye", he ended the recording. He walked back towards me. "See now? I created evidence for you to state your case when Lwethu tries to get ice-cream from you. Aren't I lovely?" he said smugly and I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"The best... Speaking of cases, babe... Should I press charges against Dikeledi and Fikile?" I asked fearing the answer. He did a double take and when he saw my face, he took a deep breath in, and exhaled slowly.

"One... Don't say those names in my presence. Two... Why wouldn't you press charges? Three... This better be a joke", he said trying to keep his composure.

"I just don't want a lengthy court case that'll take away from the joy I should be experiencing with being pregnant, Lindo. I just want to enjoy my baby", I said quietly, looking down at my hands. He put his finger under my chin and forced me to look at him.

"I totally get that, but babe, those animals need to pay for what they did to you, and what they almost did to our baby", he said. I nodded. I understood his reasoning, but I still wasn't convinced enough to want to press charges, and because I didn't want to fight with him, I decided to change the subject.

"Alright... When are we going back to Johannesburg? Don't get me wrong. I love being here, but I miss having my own space. We hardly get alone time here, and Lwethu craves your attention", I said, running my hands on my small baby bump. He smiled at me, and put a hand on top of mine.

"Did you have a date in mind?" he asked, and I nodded. "Alright... Wanna share?" he asked and I nodded again.

"This Friday, the eighteenth", I told him and he chuckled.

"That's pretty soon. Do you think your parents will allow it?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No, but I'm not giving them a choice. I'm sick of this place... And the further I get away from "those animals" (according to you), the better", I responded. He nodded.

"Alright. We'll leave this weekend", he said. I smiled and kissed his ear. We heard a knock on the door and in came the detectives from last time, whose names I never caught.

"Good afternoon sir and ma'am. May we come in?" one of them said. Lindo got off the bed and helped me sit up. He then lined up two out of the three chairs in the ward to face the bed, and the other chair, he placed next to me.

"Sure, sure. Come in. You may have a seat", Lindo said politely.

"Thank you", the other said as they sunk into the chairs. "I'm Detective Ndlovu, and this is my partner Detective Mthembu", they introduced themselves. I nodded and extended my hand for them to shake.

"I'm Noluthando, and this is my boyfriend Lindokuhle", I said. Detective Mthembu chuckled.

"We're well aware of that ma'am; it seems our suspects are obsessed with you both", he said looking through his notepad.

"Before we get to that though, we need to get your statement because, we believe you've regained your memory, right?" Detective Ndlovu asked. I nodded.

"Yes, I have Detective", I confirmed.

"Alright. Do I have permission to record what is said?" Detective Mthembu asked and I nodded. He pressed the red button and set the recording device on the counter next to my bed. "Alrighty then, let's get to it", he said. "Please recount the events of October fifth 2013", he said. I cleared my throat.