Back Home

6th July 2015

YOUR POV

"MAX!" I called out, hoping he wasn't sick of me and would coome straight away. Luckily, he did and he looked different, sadder than before. That's what I've been taught in my lifetime. Sadness spreads from one to another like an illness, until it covers everyone you care about in a dark blanket of sadness. "Y/n, you ok?" I sighed before looking up at him. "I.... I want to go back to my flat. You shouldn't be stuck with me, a messed up depressed friend with no one left. I'll let you get on with your life now, if you don't mind letting me back into my flat?" I smile up at him hopefully, though i don't feel it like I should. I feel sad all over, like it's a rain shower that's drenched me completely. He smiles back and holds out a hand to help me up. I take it and he speaks. "Y/n. I'm going to check on you every couple of days to make sure you're okay. No, you don't have a choice. I want to," I tidy up the rest of my things a dump them in the suitcase, before Max let me in to my flat next door.

Oh, the flat that reminds me so much of Brad. No, y/n, get him out of your head. You're coping fine. I thanked Max for all his help before unpacking my suitcase and sitting on my phone on my bed. Ooh, a Twitter mention.

@TheVampsBrad: Cope without me. If I can, you can. @Y/T/N. x

@Y/T/N: I can try. @TheVampsBrad. x

 I closed twitter and thought about what I've been through. No, it'll make me sad. Apparently surrounding yourself with bright colours and things that make you happy is the way to be a positive person. So, I head into town to buy myself a few new brightly coloured items to spice up my boring white apartment.

I arrived home with several bright acrylic paints and useless stuff that was neon coloured. I painted, cut and glued things everywhere until I looked in each room, making sure I was happy. I had a colour scheme for my room, the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom and the spare room. bright blues, greens and pinks for my room, reds and golds for the kitchen, deep purple and silver for the living room and bue and yellow for the bathroom. I already felt more happy and positive. I then picked up my guitar and tried something that I havent done in years. Brad said that- never mind. Someone once told me that songwriting is a great outlet. So that's what I did. For a couple of hours I sat in my living and just jammed out, jotting down any random lyrics that came to mind. I heard the door knock once I'd finished writing my first proper song, I opened it thinking the worst.

"Thank God you're okay," said an exasperated Lizzy, throwing her arms around me. "You came back," I said into her hair. "Of course I did, especially after all the Brad dram-" I interrupted her. "Nope, don't mention him. I can manage without him, He's not part of my life anymore, and that's okay," "Okay, alright. Movie night with ice cream?" She said. I nodded excitedly and we headed out to get a load of ice cream and other snacks.

We were snuggled on my sofa, under a soft blanket watching White Chicks. We'd seen it together hundreds of times but I don't care.

I have my best friend back.

I couldn't have needed her more.