But first, coffee.

2nd December 2014

YOUR POV

I've been in Birmingham a week now, and I'm now in Starbucks as usual. There's always this boy that sits across the room from me, staring out the window, just watching the world go by. He's cute I guess, with brown curly hair that occasionally flops across his face, making him brush it out the way of his chestnut eyes easily. I am at the counter ordering my mocha and talking to the waitress, who I have now made friends with. Her name is Lexie, and we got talking when I had been coming here at the same time fore 4 days. I grab my coffee and sit down at my table, music on, phone in hand. I quickly adjust my burgundy beanie on my hair, moving a strand of brown hair back into its place carefully. I take out my digital camera; I'm a keen photographer. I am taking photos of the mossy cobbled path outside when I feel the boy's eyes on me. I continue to focus on my pictures, now moving on to the coffee in front of me. I get a quick idea and place my silver iPhone 5 next to the cup snapping photos with my gold-painted nails just in shot. Instagram ideas. I quickly glance in the boy's direction, finally feeling less self conscious when I discover he is no longer staring at me.

5th December 2014

It's been a few days and the boy continues to sit in the same seat, same café, same time. it makes me wonder what his story is. He always seems to have a notepad with him and be writing something down. Maybe he does homework in here...? Weirdly, I seem to recognise him from somewhere, I just can't place the face. I walk over into Starbucks and acknowledge Lexie, walking over to order.

BRAD'S POV

Here she comes again, that gorgeous girl with the golden nails. She makes me stop and stare every time she walks in. Lexie nods at me, I am so grateful towards her for doing this for me. I just hope it goes to plan!

YOUR POV

I grabbed my coffee, spilling a little on the table as I sat down. Typical me, always being clumsy. I pick up the napkin and unfold it, noticing something fall out. I pick it up, its a little folded up piece of paper. I unfold it carefully, reading the neat print that lay on the inside.

Dear Golden nails,

I can't help but notice you every time you walk through that glass door. I can't help but feel like you have noticed me, too. You may be wondering what all of this is about. Well, flip over and follow the instructions.

I flipped over the paper curiously. It had 2 words on it.

Look up.

I looked up to see the boy across the room smiling at me. I giggled a little, realising how stupid I had been. He looked at the chair across from him, signalling for me to come and sit down. I walked over with my stuff and smiled at Lexie, she must have had something to do with this! "I see you got my note, Golden Nails!" he said, his brummy accent coming through thick. "Why yes, yes I did!" I replied. we talked and talked, eventually swapping numbers. We left the coffee shop as friends, but I couldn't help feeling something deep down. Was it love?

--------------------------------------------------------

yes, I am aware of that cheesy af last sentence. but I hope you are enjoying the story so far! hopefully it continues going this well :)

-m xx