Darkness

5th July 2015

YOUR POV

I wake up on the sofa of Lizzy's flat, headache blaring from everything I've been through in the past week. I sit and contemplate all the things that I've lost or that have changed. I lost Brad, I lost the boys, my brother and cousin are running from my crazy dad, and I locked myself out of my apartment.

Poor Lizzy has been so good to me. I've been nothing but grumpy and depressed since the rescue, and she's put up with it and cared for me so much. I've snapped at her and been angry and she's shrugged it off and left me alone. I'm so grateful for having her, but right now I'm not showing it very well. She came in to talk to me about what's been happening and we just argued. She told me to leave her home and not talk to her until I calmed down, or come back. So I'm left alone, once again. Alec won't message me because he's scared I've gone crazy. I sat outside a shop on a bench for a few minutes before I looked up and saw a familiar face.

"Y/n? I've been looking for you for days, no answer at the door, no text messages..." "Max, I'm sorry. Things got complicated. I'm alone now. It's safer for everyone," I admitted apprehensively. "What do you mean? I'm going to help you regardless of what you say, y/n. Come on, I'll take you to mine," He lifted me up and walked me over to the block of flats where I threw my life away.  He unlocked his flat and put me down on the sofa, grabbing me a blanket and brewing me a tea.

"What happened?" Those two words will be the death of me.  Max doesn't know a lot about my life or my past, all he knows is that I live alone, my best mate is Lizzy and my boyfriend... well I won't talk about him. "Let's just say an enemy returned to abuse me again, me and Brad ran away. I broke up with Brad when I realised it wasn't safe for him, the enemy attacked me and Lizzy had to save me," He looked shocked at my casual explanation of horrible events. "What do you mean you broke up with Brad?" I swallowed. I wasn't going to talk about him. I needed to forget him, until I recovered at least. He was safe, doing what he loves with the people he loves. "I don't want to talk about it," I snapped at Max, anger bubbling inside of me. Not everyone needs to know what happened. Can I not get any privacy anymore? Am I too soft and just give in? Honestly I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore.

"Why dont I let you back into your own flat?" Of course, I had to give him a stupid fucking key. "I don't want to go back. I don't want anything. I want to be sad, it seems like the only thing I can do anymore," he frowns at my excuse and leaves the room. I plug my phone into the charger and watch as my screen in flooded with notifications. I open twitter and look at my mentions.

@braddybear95- Wtf @y/t/n! We thought we could trust you with our little Brad. Now this. Fuck off yeh?

I was confused, so I clicked on the link the account had tagged. It lead me to a news website, a photo of Max carrying me as the first article.

Web Superstar, Y/N Y/L/N, has been dating pop star Brad Simpson for a couple of months now. It seems from this photograph that Y/n has found herself a new man, as he is seen carrying her in the picture above. Has the celebrity golden couple fallen? Is y/n cheating? Cast your votes below...

Below was a poll, asking if the picture was definite proof I was cheating or if it meant nothing. The results showed that 85% of people thought I was cheating.

Oh shit.