His Sonic Doesn't Work On Wood?! HAHAHAHAHA! (Ten)

Wait, why is Washington helping us? What does he get out of it? 

Questions kept popping up in Allison's mind as she paced the tent. She grabbed the sonic and rolled it in her hands. She pulled out the sonic she had. Allison remembered in the station underground, how she tried to hack the interface but her sonic beeped and wouldn't let her. She took the Doctor's and pressed it against her own. It hummed and her sonic's center glowed a faint pink. Bing! Whatever Allison did, worked. She put both sonics in her pocket and walked out to meet the Doctor.

They had him in a tent, sitting on the dirt floor. He sat crossed legged and he was looking around like he had never seen any of this but Allison secretly knew he was looking for an exit.

"Hey." Allison waved and sat down next to him. He looked at her.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be you know, not here?"

"I have nowhere else to go. Also, you know you need my help." She smiled at the Doctor as she nudged his arm.

"Here, I got this for you." Allison handed the Doctor his sonic screwdriver. He looked confused.

Washington wants to help us. Or sort of. He won't stop us but it he sees us, he will stop us. I'm taking that as a good sign and we need a plan to get the TARDIS back. Got any ideas?

Allison looked at the Doctor, waiting for him to answer. He didn't. She sighed as she started to draw random symbols in the dirt as they waited for someone to take them to the cell.

Allison's POV

We were taken to a grey building. Of course it was grey, what other color would it be? I was put in the same cell as the Doctor because I was a 'child' and wasn't old enough to be by myself. Ha, if only they knew I was about one hundred and fifty. I sat on the stiff mattress they called a bed while the Doctor paced the room. He had hid the sonic from the guards so they wouldn't take it. Speaking of guards, there weren't any around. They left about twenty minutes ago because of something about going with Washington and Rochambeau to ask Comte de Grasse for assistance. Something about asking for assistance either in besieging New York or military operations against a British army. I'm not sure why I paid attention to that much information but I couldn't seem to forget.

I put my hand in my pocket and twirled it around. I haven't told him that I had it and I'm not sure if I should. The cell we were in had stone walls and a wooden door. I walked over and touched the door.

"Hey Doctor, why can't you just sonic your way out of the room?" He sighed, like he had already been asked this.

"Sonic screwdrivers don't work on wood. How many times do I need to tell people that?" He shook his hands. I softly chuckled. I then laughed a little louder. The Doctor looked at me like I was crazy. I don't know what it was but something about the way he looked at me made me roll around on the ground, howling with laughter. I was clutching my sides because they hurt.

"Allison why are you laughing?" That made me laugh more. We were alone in the whole building so no one was there to see my weird outburst. He walked over to me. "Allison are you okay?" I took a deep breath and stood up.

"Your sonic doesn't work on wood?!" I started to laugh again. The Doctor groaned.

"How many times do I need to explain this? Yes it doesn't work on wood. I know, it doesn't make sense. I don't know why everyone acts so surprised. Here, I'll try and prove it." He pulled his sonic out and pressed it against the wooden door. It hummed but no luck. He was right, it didn't work. I found this the most hilarious thing in the universe. He turned around and spread his arms.

"See? It doesn't work on wood. Now can I go back to thinking about how we will escape?" I chuckled as he went back to pacing the room. I pulled out my sonic and pressed the button. It made the same sound as the Doctor's but a little more high pitched. I pointed it against the lock and it clicked. I smiled and turned around. The Doctor's expression was priceless. "But...how?!" I smiled smugly.

"It's a newer model. Duh. Yours is older and that's why it won't work on wood." I tried to flip the sonic and catch it but I ended up dropping it. It's metal casing echoed through the cell. I grabbed it and opened the door. I put my hand out like I was the butler or something.

"After you sir Doctor." He gave me a sideways grin and we snuck out way out of the building. 

A/N- So about last chapter. Did you guys notice anything different? If you didn't you and read this. If you did, you can skip or check to see if you were right. Did anyone notice how Washington knew Allison's name but she never told him? Duh duh duuuuuuh! Anyways thank you guys so much and I hope you like it.