Washington Is On My Side (Nine)

(A/N Did you see what I did there? Eh? Eh?)

Allison's POV

We were taken to an open area with many tents. The Doctor had a constant gun pointed at his head. I only had a soldier watching my every move. You know, not creepy at all. We were taken in the largest tent. It had a table with a map in the middle. A man was standing at the back, his face turned away from us. He had that wig on again. What is it with the wigs?

"General Washington, we have these newcomers who claim to not be enemies but we brought them for you to decide." Harrison informed him and walked out. I turned to the Doctor.

"It's him. It's president George Washington! I can't believe I'm meeting him!" I whispered so that he wouldn't hear. I didn't want him to know that he would be the president in the future.

"Hullo! I'm the Doctor. Sorry about the charade before but we're just travelers that ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and-"

"Harrison suspects that you are working with our enemies." He turned around and looked at both of us. "Is that true?" I decided to answer. Maybe he would trust me more because I sound like an American and not British.

"No. We are just travelers. Trust me. We wanted to be somewhere else but we ended up here and the only way for us to leave is with the box we came with."

"I see. You mean this box?" He pulled back a curtain to reveal the TARDIS in all her glory. The Doctor started to run up to it but Washington stepped in front of him, blocking his path. "I have tried everything to open it but it does not seem to want to open. What kind of trickery is this? What are you hiding in that secure box?"

"It's not a weapon. I don't carry weapons on me." The General raised an eyebrow.

"Is that right?" (A/N I have never been satisfied.) He reached for the Doctor's jacket. He pulled out the sonic screwdriver and held it out. "Then what is this?"

"Sir, it's a family heirloom. It's been passed down for a while and it's really important to us." All Washington did was put the screwdriver on the table.

"As much as I want to trust you, I can not. How do I even know that you are telling the truth? I must take you to a holding camp. But for now, I can only put you in a cell. We will move you later, if my men don't try and kill you first. They aren't as open minded as me. Harrison, take him away. I need to talk to Allison in private." The grabbed the Doctor and dragged him out of the tent. I tried to run after him but Washington blocked the exit.

"I trust you. I trust that you two don't want to be here. I would let you two go but my men wouldn't agree with me (A/N but believe me, theses young men don't speak for me.) and they need me. I'm sorry but this is necessary." I nodded. I get it. Wait?

"How do you know we don't want to be here?" He sighed.

"Because I know that feels. No one wants to fight in this war. We all know that it's necessary but..." he didn't finish the sentence but I knew what he was talking about.

"So what now? Am I to go with him?" I didn't want to go to jail but I don't want to be alone.

"Well it's him that my soldiers are more worried about so you don't have to go with him if you don't want to. You would have to live on your own or with a family."

"No. He's the only family I have. I can't just leave him. But I will warn you, we will do everything in our power to escape. And that probably means we will escape." I expected him to, well I didn't know what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting him to smile.

"I know you will. Just make sure I have my back turned. And you can keep the heirloom." Then he walked out of view.

(A/N Did anyone notice anything strange? Other than all the Hamilton references? I'll tell you guys in the next chapter)