11

Memories represent who I am; and who are we.

Date: 13 January 2017

Place: Los Angeles

___

"Weih!"

I groaned when his small finger wiped the cream on my nose after we blew the candles off together as he giggled, "Jie! You look ugly now!" He exclaimed and I puffed out my cheeks, "I'm not!"

He squealed when I chased him around the dining room with the cream in my hand as the adults are laughing at us, "Be careful, Hui Xin!" Mom said in worried when I accidentally tripped over my own feet and fall, "Jie," He eventually called as he stopped running now and held out a hand to me.

I took his hand and he pulled me up as I took the chance to wipe the cream on his face as he pouted, "Jie!"

I giggled and again, we ran around the house with him chasing me.

Something about this scene makes my heart clenched.

I feel like; I'm a third party looking at them.

I cringed when I saw them bumping into their father as they looked up and gulped.

Their father was having a fierce look, "Jie, is daddy mad at us?" He cupped his little hand near his mouth and whisper to me, "I don't know." I whispered back and now I saw their father cupping his hands on his waist, "What should you say when you bump onto someone hmm?"

We lower our head down and muttered, "Sorry, daddy."

"Hmm, that's right," But we both squealed when he lifted us up in each side of his arms on our waist, "But I need to punish you for saying it late!"

We start giggling when he swings us around and start laughing.

He was just playing with us since is our birthday today, "Daddy! Put us down!" We both shouted at the same time and he finally settle us down, "I got you both a present," He stated as he took out something from his back pocket and we look at it curiously, "Jing Hui, here." He handed a necklace to him, "Hui Xin." He then handed one to me.

"Must wear it all the time. This represents fortune and god will always bless you." He then wear it for us before kissing our forehead, "Thanks, daddy!" We both said at the same time while kissing his cheeks and he chuckles.

"Xin,"

I slowly open my eyes when the scene in front of my eyes start fading, "Hui Xin," I heard Kris's voice and my vision was blur at first as I blinked.

His worried face was above my face, "Are you feeling better?" He asked softly and I tried to move my arm but I feel something on it as I look at it; there is a needle there connecting to something that looks like a bag of water and I don't know what it called.

"F-Fa-" I start coughing furiously when my throat is hurting.

He quickly get some water for me as he helped me up a little so it's easier for me to drink the water, "Okay?" He rubbed my back lightly and I nodded.

I lay down again when he put the glass away, "Thank you." I whispered and he sat down next to me, "Does your head still hurt?" I shook my head at his question; I feel much better now.

He make me lay on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist, "Don't you have anything to ask me?" I muttered when we are in silence.

"You will eventually tell if you want to." He muttered back, hugging me closer to him.

I open my mouth, wanting to say something else but I choose to close it back after a moment.

I don't know how to tell either. I seem like; getting back my memories out of the blue.