Chapter 5 Part 2- Missions

(A/N)- What's up Everybody! I decided to do a little romance/alone time turn for this chapter, not too much but just enough to take a relaxer from the fast pace plot. Anywhooo I apologize for the long wait I had a writers block for quite a while. Anyways, enjoy!

~~Akira's POV~~

It's been about a month since I've joined Fairy Tail. I've gone on several missions by myself or with Natsu's group many times by now. I was practically everyone's friend, everyone liked me. Even Laxus who actually asked me to join his group Rajinshu which apparently is almost impossible to get him to do. Actually the first time I went on a mission with laxus was quite interesting. That day as I was sitting by the bar I realized that everyone was talking about me. They either talked about the fact that me and Laxus should get together but I didn't see that happening soon. Or they talked about my magic, that it wasn't like anything they have seen or sensed before. Even Gajeel, I heard him talking about that he feels my magical ability has grown so much yet I don't see what it is that is so powerful that I haven't unleashed yet about my magic. Soon enough the Makarov walks into the main guild hall and announced the following,

--Flash Back--

"I have heard lately a ton of talk about Akira, right? Now I know all of you know you sense a ton of magical potential in her. Not only that but, the potential to gain a relationship with a person she seems to butt heads with often. So Akira! You will be going on a prolonged mission with Laxus. Here is you job paper, pack your belongings and come back when you feel you understand each other better. That's all, carry on."

What! A prolonged mission with Laxus?! No way is that gonna happen, Laxus barely even look at me. How are we gonna work on a mission together? Well I guess I'll just go and do this for me.
While I was thinking this I was packing all my things to leave as it was time to go with Laxus to go on the prolonged mission. Evergreen says Laxus agreed to going because Laxus was checking me out to see my power and spend more time with me to get to know me, although Laxus continued to tell me otherwise. I clearly ignored both sides as I didn't believe either. But I still went on the mission nevertheless... For myself obviously. 

"Akira, are you ready?" Laxus asks from a distance leaning against a wall.

"Uh, yeah" I reply tossing stuff in my bag randomly and in no specific order at all and racing to get to the door. 

"You got enough stuff?" Laxus asks sarcastically without any particular face expression. I look down at myself and the load of bags I held with me, immediately I felt stupid for holding all the stuff I had and went back to put somethings back. But instead Laxus grabbed my arm lightly and pulled me back. Gently he took two bags from me and began to walk off. With both my bags and one of his.

"Hey give me one to hold at least." I ask Laxus reaching for the bags and he moves over so the bags are just out of reach. I reach again and am able to grab hold of a bag, gotcha. Laxus stops walking, sighs and says,

"Are you gonna let go or not?"

"No," I reply sternly gaining another sigh from Laxus.

"Fine then, have it your way." mutters Laxus. Then suddenly he yanks the bags away again causing me to lose hold of the bag and fall to the ground harshly.

 I scoff as I go to stand up, while Laxus stood still staring down at me with a hint of concern in his eyes. When I manage to stand on both feet I feel a sharp pain run up my leg and back and I fell back down. Maybe I'm still hurting from the attack in the barn a month ago. But I would figure it would stop hurting by then. I manage to keep a straight face as I stand myself up again, signaling to Laxus that I was fine and that I didn't want help.