Chapter 32

Nicole POV
    2 days later.....

    I only came out of my room to eat and have the occasional talk with Daniel about business, especially the car design, but I stayed as much away from him as possible. It was awkward each and every time we talked, and I always was nervous. He seemed about the same way, though he was good at managing it. None of our encounters lasted longer than five or so minutes, because all that was needed to be said was progression of the design, and what I needed to include or any questions I had. He would always answer them, then I'd be on my way. Back to the drawing board.
    At night I would toss and turn, not be able to sleep very well. I even took sleeping pills that Alleah gave me when I asked, but that seldom helped me. And when I did sleep, I had nightmares of Jacob and my dad. Abusing me in various ways, to the point I'd wake up in tears.
    So to prevent the nightmares or the restlessness, I spent my time at night and during the day, designing the formula 1 car. Once I was done with that, I gave it to Daniel, who was happy to receive it. He told me he liked it, which I shrugged off. He gave me a hurt expression, before I left. Often times, during the Dead of night, I started singing softly to myself. Songs of my childhood, before Jacob came into my life, and before my mother died. My mother was the person who kept me safe, from my dad, everyone. But one night, my dad's rage went to far.... he killed her.
     I still hated him. Even before she died, I hated him. He was never like a dad to me. I was basically alone all of my life, so doing what I was doing now was not much different. Eat, work, sleep, talk occasionally, repeat. My life was both shit, and boring. But oh well...
     Art was the only thing that gave me a little bit of piece of mind. Because that was all I focused on. What I was doing. Maybe I could do this forever....