Chapter 8

Nicole POV

I rushed back to the maid quarters, and sat on my bed, hugging my knees to me chest, breathing rapidly. My heart was racing, and all I could think about was him, and how he touched me. How he made me feel. His promise to me.
"Why does someone like him... want a worthless, ugly, flat-featured girl, like me.." I asked myself out loud, as no one was in the room. I got all these thoughts from Jacob,because he said no man but him could ever want a girl as ugly as me. And I believed him.
"But your aren't ugly, or flat... you are actually pretty cute, and trust me, you aren't flat." I heard someone say. I jumped in surprise, looking at the door to see Alleah's head poking around the corner of the door.
"I am not cute..." I mumbled. She walked over, jumping onto my bed and sitting cross legged in front of me. She put her hands on mine, and brought her face within inches of mine.
It was like memories of my sister that I had of her and I before she passed away, along with my mother. They both died in a tragic car accident...
These memories were like how Alleah and I were seated now; on the bed, hands together, and we'd tell secrets. We were teens when she died, so most of our discussions like this were about boys, things we wanted to do when we got older, our periods, stuff like that. We were basically inseparable.
"Nicole, you really are a beautiful girl. Don't you dare think otherwise." She said, hugging me.
I hesitantly hugged back. I still didn't believe her, but I pretended I did so that she wouldn't stay on the subject.
"He... he went for me..." I mumbled.
"Daniel?"
"Yeah.."
"How did he go for you?"
"He grabbed my ass and held me to him.. he said he was going to fuck me." I said, looking at her.
She at first had a look of confusion, then it went to anger. She gripped my hands tightly, and it started to hurt me.
"Alleah, you are hurting me." I whimpered.
"That sneaky asshole.. oh, sorry." She let go, though still fuming.
"I'm going to tell him off. He needs to stop doing this to you." She said, standing up.
"Please don't-"
"It will be better for you if I do. It'll be okay, Nicole." She said, before angrily exiting the room.
I laid down, looking up at the ceiling, my mind running wildly with dirty thoughts. As much as I didn't want Daniel to do what he did... I found myself not being able to stop thinking of it. The amazing feeling of what he did. Though my mind didn't really want him to go any farther, I found that I was imagining things he could have done if I had let him do so.
After 20 minutes of me sitting in my own thoughts, she came back.
"He won't do anything like that to you again... in fact, he told me he would like to have you as a guest for a private dinner. To apologize."
       The look on my face must have said it all. How truly frightened I was by this. But, what she couldn't see, was that I was actually a little intrigued.
       "Um. Alright, I'll do it."