Chapter 46

Nicole POV

Daniel didn't mention anything of his plan to me, but he had been alone in his room for the better part of an hour, calling someone. I could only make out certain words, but eventually gave up on the account of the fact even though I could hear a little bit, it wasn't enough to make sense of. Along with that, I knew I'd be told eventually, so I didn't bother to worry. My main worry was about everyone else. Chris came out after a while, he was getting orders from Daniel, and said he was to take me, his dad, Yvonne, Alleah, and the other maids, to an apparent secret bunker that was away from the mansion, though still on the estate. Much to my displeasure, Chris said I had to do this, that Daniel didn't want me hurt. But I had other ideas.
    As we walked out of the mansion, being sure to go there hurriedly, I viewed my surroundings closely, looking for ways to make my idea work. After a quarter mile of walking, the got to an old seeming house, that was made of rotten wood and with no windows.
     "This is it..?"I asked, not seeing how that could keep ANYONE safe.
     "As it seems. But follow me." Chris went inside, and went into what seemed to be an old study of some sort, where kids books were on shelves, as well as old lights that had long since burnt out. Chris shoved a desk aside, and bellow it, was a hole. Alleah jumped down first, then Yvonne, who Chris helped down, the other maids, then me, then Chris, pulling the desk back over. The hallway, which there was one, was dark, and not lit at all. I only followed the footsteps of the one ahead of me. I went off to the side quietly, and let Chris pass me, though he didn't seem to notice. I waited for a minute, when I couldn't hear the steps any more, and went back where we came from. I removed the desk, thought it took a lot of effort, and pushed it back, taking off back towards the mansion.