Chapter 30

Daniel POV

    After I told her what Oliver had wanted, and all that she said, I was left in my room, alone, confused, and hurt. Deep deep inside my heart. Maybe.., maybe it was for the best. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.
I opened up my laptop and opened my email, getting the letters of concern from Tasha and Leo, who I responded with by telling them I was okay. Then I noticed an email from Oliver.
"Maybe this will teach you what I can and will do. I'm not hesitant to kill you, Daniel. I'd watch yourself from now. I'm forced to bring in new allies. And they can do my dirty work. The Russia and Italy mafia-bosses are with me now. And if we see you as a threat to us, we will make you disappear without a trace, got it?"
-Oliver
I shook my head, before closing the tab, and pulling a google document, starting to write. I was writing the information for the internet page I was going to start for the company, writing phone numbers, staff, the statement, and talking about the first model of car we intended building.
For the statement about the company, I put down, simply, "Imagine pre-2000's. More importantly, mid-1970's, down Main Street of any given small town. Friday night. Sound blasting from the speakers of a Pontiac Firebird. Cars such as the Ford Mustang II, 1972 Chevrolet Camaro RS, 1970 Dodge Coronet, and more. Let it sink in. The nostalgia that comes from that scene is timeless. Well, Falcor car industries hopes to bring back this era. All of our models are based off of old car builds, but with all the newest engine technology under the hood. I've always had a passion and preference for older model sports and muscle cars, as at 16 years of age in the year 2003, I got my first car, which was a 1973 Chevrolet Camaro Z28.and for the past 14 years, I have had that same car. Old cars are what I love. And I want to show that for everyone. The old is in the new, with Falcor Car industries."

I laid flat of my bed, looking up at the ceiling with a heavy sigh. All I could think about was Nicole. It gave me a weird twinge in my heart. I wanted her. No one else. But... maybe I had to find someone else. So many ifs, so many ands ors and buts.
I went to my email, refreshing my inbox, waiting for a few seconds as it did so, before Leo's name popped up.

"Don't be a dinosaur, Danny. Make a Facebook page and add Tasha and I so we can chat on Facebook Messenger. This email shit is way to slow for me, and what we need to do."
-Leo

I chuckled, going to the Facebook website, going to create a profile. I put in my name, my username, my email, password, everything I'd need, before sending the verification email to myself, which I quickly verified. Before continuing on to make my profile page. Due to the 'dinosaur' I was, this entire process took me longer than I both wanted to deal with, and what I thought was necessary. But once it allowed me on to Facebook, i looked up Tasha and Leo's names, finding a few profiles like this, but going to the ones with their pictures on it and adding both of them.
Tasha sent the first message, adding Leo and I to a group with her. It was a simple concept, sending messages, even to me.
Tasha: Leo and I were thinking. We need to get the name out there. A website would be a good place to start, and here is a big step; Leo suggested we try to make a bang of an entrance by making a stock-car and trying to get into NASCAR.

My initial reaction was one of apprehension. NASCAR. How would we even do it. That was beyond any of my knowledge.

Me: I like the concept of going into the racing industry. But I was thinking that because we are based around older models of cars, maybe we should do Formula Car racing?

Leo: Sounds good. You're the boss. I think doing something like this would really kick it off for us.

Me: I'm sure it will. Thank you two for the help.

Leo: no problem. It's nice to be able to help you. Now let's do this.