To Riverdale and Back Again // Part Three

Nothing extremely important happened during Homecoming dinner

Nothing extremely important happened during Homecoming dinner. Alice practically grilled FP for answers to her strange questions. In the middle of dinner, Betty brought her dad in. That only upped the tension as FP started to bring up the past between the three parents. Betty's date, Connor, looked absolutely terrified by what was happening. He knew Betty through a tutoring session and asked her to the dance as friends.

I ended up ordering a long sleeve raspberry colored dress. It has sequins here and there and hugged my curves perfectly. It was definitely my favorite dress that I've bought so far. Ronnie curled my hair for me and helped with makeup before she left with Archie.

 Ronnie curled my hair for me and helped with makeup before she left with Archie

I finally got to breathe a sigh of relief when we entered the gym. I could see my mom here with Archie's parents. Jughead had his arm wrapped in mine as we walked through the people.

"Savanna, after the dance, I'd like to talk to you about something. It has to do with my dad." Jughead smiled at me.

I instantly assumed the worst, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Actually, things are great. Better than they've been in a while." He let go of my arm to face me. "I just kind of wanna figure something out together."

I nodded. "Of course." I looked around the room. "You know, it kind of creeps me out that all these adults are here."

Jughead laughed, "Yeah, I know what you mean. It is kind of weird."

Archie came walking towards us, followed by Ronnie and eventually Betty. I looked at my sister.

"Where were you guys?" I grabbed Jug's hand in mine. When my sister and Archie didn't answer, I tilted my head as if to prompt them.

"Uh, we uh. We stopped at Pop's." Archie looked at my sister.

Betty crossed her arms. "And what were you just talking to my mom about?"

My sister looked up from the ground and whispered Betty's name just as Archie asked to move the conversation because they had to get ready. Jughead pulled me closer just as the lights dimmed.