Chapter - 52 Delhi Calling ...

Comenzar desde el principio

It is a sudden plan. After the drama in our life got sorted, we both decided to make use of our peace. So as per plan, me and Sid will visit his place, delhi. To meet his family, childhood friends, and certain favourite hang out place he wants me to see.

Stumbling my way upon piles of unwanted scrap, worn out clothes and gift packages I've received over every shoot-trip, I finally zipped everything in. Ah, what a relief. Now only if I start moving soon. Re-donning my hairdo infront of my vanity mirror, I felt a gaze hovering upon me. 

"Need anything ?" I asked to the figure leaning across the door, to my extreme opposite. "A kiss and a tight hug may do for now" I heard him say in his usual sultry mode, sure enough to wet my brain. Ignoring the ignition inside, I continued to check my outfit for finality and managed to not give him a glance. I could now see him coming towards where I stand, from my mirror. 

"Meoww" cried pika to get his favourite human's (other than me) attention.

"How is my baby ? Are you been properly looked after ? I doubt your owner. She got so thin, aren't you feeding her enough ?" he complained with a smirk while picking up the furry ball of crankiness, caressing its features. I smiled at their mutual affection. Same is the case with me and oscar. "We are feeding him well enough. And right now I think we are ready to leave" I told since it was too boring for me to sit back when I knew I had to leave for something interesting. An old habit which never left.

"Someone is really eager to leave" shaheen grinned as she entered the room carrying brownies and banana pancakes for Sid. I gave her an odd look, not for the statement she made but for the eatery she served. "Don't kid me here. You can't serve those to actors who spend their entire day in gym! It's unfair sister." Sid threw a cushion right at my arm and grinned wide. "I can have them once in a while" he pouted like my baby nephew Ayan, when he is kept away from sweet cravings. 

"Yeah sure. I bet your going to get fat when we come back since dilli punjabi's have a large hearted belly towards food" I spoke knowing how good his mom is when it comes to catering stomach.

Shaheen throwed us a quizzed look and shoved us out of the room along with our luggage. "Just go, enjoy and have the best time of the year. Give my regards to aunty, uncle, bhaiyya, bhabhi, adi and your friends. And get back safely soon. I don't care if I get a chubby alia back" she smiled. Sure enough I was turning out to be more lean than needed.

Giving her a tight hug and choking my cats for a bit longer with my embrace, we got into our car and drove our way to the airport. 

Indira Gandhi International Airport, Terminal 3

Delhi 

9:35 a.m

After 3 hours of jet lagged phase and loads of bickering drama with my man, we finally landed safe in his paradise. Delhi was always this mystery for me. A riddled puzzle. 

For us Mumbaikars, delhi felt more like a predator. A constant threat in terms of lifestyle, street fashion, food, standards, education and popularity. We were the epitome of everything cinema and dream. While delhi remained the national pride and a place worth discovering.

Sidharth was completely nonchalant about his old days spent here. The way he cycled his way to school along with a bunch of regular friends. How he had a strict upbringing in terms of discipline. Those days of pani-puri and cp travel bug. He had so much memories connected with this humongous state. So much to talk about and sigh. We were informed that his childhood turned college buddies would pick us from the airport.

"Where are you gaddhe ?! Alia is freaking tired, you better turn up. Yeah..." my dormant body got activated at two things. 

One, that he could cuss and joke like before. I kinda disliked the introvert saint sidharth. He lost his identity in the glamour crowd. I'm glad that he found his anchor back and is back to being himself, not losing count on his morals. 

Second, he fucking cares about me so much! 

Not a new fact but it's really soothing.

"There!" he announced out of blue and held my hand strongly, leading me towards an innova. A tall guy was waving at us with excitement. If not for his cheerfulness at the moment, he would have been passed on to look like an arrogant lad with good looks. As we neared halfway, sid's body was thrown backwards with a force called 'sudden emotion filled within someone, when they meet after so long', exerted by his buddy. 

"Dude, so long yaar. We missed you man" he sounded genuine. With one hand still laced with mine, he patted his friend's back with glee. Refraining from their reunion joy, he messed with his gelled hair, I guess like older times. Sidharth donned this bright smile which was sure to faint me down, if not for him holding me firm. I've never seen him this contented and happy before. I realise the length at which my boy missed his older days.

"Adhi... I know rey. Saale tu bada chauda ho gaya. Any girl in life ? " and there started the epic bro code taunt. He gave a lopsided grin and winked at us. I tried to keep my eyes glued on the figures getting out of the vehicle. "I'm all settled and I know you have a mystery to share with me" I ignored all the fuzzy sparks within me when he spoke those words. It felt too good to hear the truth from him on repeat. More like a declaration of our love to the world. 

It can't be explained, it just had to be felt. 

They continued ranting while I tried to grin at the sight behind Adhiraj (I recognise now). A team of three more, walking towards us in their black suave casuals. "Was there any dress/look code ? They remind me of local gangsters trying to fit within the category" I whispered with amusement to sid. He smirked at me and then went on to pounce at the others while adhi gave me a bear hug. 

From my hug position, I recognised Richa and Abhishek from the lot but I swear I do not want to recognise her!

Sidharth moved to hug her and I felt the need to puke because she was freaking eyeing me like an evil woman! 

Ah! Why the heck is she here ? This holiday will rock for sure. 

I hate this woman.

Gauri Babber, my foot! 

Note : I know this chapter seems shit. Trust me when I say, I've been stuck with this draft since half a month with no clue how to move forward. Was so frustrated at myself and the way things got busy with my life. I know it's not upto expectation but I'll try to do my best in the next chapter. 

I personally love all his friends except the one I mentioned here. Not like I'm taking revenge on her with this plot (grins) but she is a bit too clingy for a friend I guess. Not that Alia is devoid of guy friends, but this woman is something else. No offense, gauri fans ;-)

Keep showering the love. Updates may get slower. 

But bear with me, you will right ? 

Much love,

Jemi :)