I wait another 10 minutes before throwing on my drench coat and slowly climbing out the window to make sure I don't rip the dress. Once I reach the ground I chant a spell and with a flick of my wrist I appear in front of the Mikaelsons home, the front door is wide open and people are entering the house where classical music plays inside, with a smile I walk over to the door and enter the house, a little gasp escapes my lips as I see loads of people scattered all over the room chatting and drinking, men wear their elegant looking suits while women all wear beautiful gowns that reach the ground, I look around the room as I walk further into the house, I smile when I spot Kol standing next to Elijah and it's as if he can sense me as he turns his head my way and a smile appears on his face when his eyes lie on me, I watch as he says something to Elijah before making his way over to me "you look even more beautiful in that dress than I imagined" he says leaning down to kiss my cheek "the dress is very lovely but it looks like it cost a lot" I say he grins at me "it did cost a lot" he says "Kol you didn't have too spend a lot of money on a dress for me" I say "I know but I wanted my girl to have the perfect dress for tonight I want every man in this room to stare at you knowing you're mine and they can't have you" he says placing a hand on my waist I blush at his words "are you sure your siblings are okay with our relationship?" I ask "Klaus approves of us as does my sister" he says "what about Elijah, your other brother and your mother?" I ask "Elijah's spectical but only because he doesn't trust that my intentions with you are pure as for Finn he's not bothered" he says "what about your mother?" I ask "I haven't told her about you" he says "how come?" I ask curiously "my mother's a complicated woman but that's not why I haven't told her about you it's because I don't trust her" he says "what makes you not trust her?" I ask concerned "the fact she just shows up and tells us she wants us to be a family again I know it sounds great but my gut tells me she's up to something" he says "up to what?" I ask "I don't know but I know she's not here on the intent of being a family again" he says "this ball was it her idea?" I ask he nods "yes so she can pass off this wanting to be a family again thing in front of the entire population of Mystic falls" he says I turn my head and see Elena entering with my dad and uncle on both her arms, I scoff and roll my eyes which catches Kol's attention making him look where I'm looking "ah the doppelganger is here along with her ex boyfriend and future boyfriend" he says with a tut I turn my attention back to him "what do you mean by that?" I ask "there's no mistake that Damon is in love with her" he says "I know that" I says "the thing is Elena's in love with him too" he says "where'd you hear that from?" I ask curiously did something happen between them while I was gone "everyone who has ever been in contact with both your uncle and Elena say it and to be honest it's the truth Elena does love him she just won't admitt it to herself" he says "so what about my dad? Doesn't she love him?" I ask concerned "I'm sure she does love him but she loves Damon too" he says I scoff in response "it's Katherine all over again it makes me sick" I say fake gagging making Kol chuckle but he soon stops "what is it?" I ask "it seems Elena is having a bit of an argument with your dad and uncle" he says "what about?" I ask watching as he scowls "apparently my mother requested to see her tonight" he says his eyes darkening "did you know about that?" I ask "no I didn't now I definitely know somethings up" he says "what do you think it could be?" I ask "Elena is a doppelganger" he says "yeah I know" I say "the thing is doppelgangers blood is used in spells the blood of a doppelganger was placed into the very wine that turned us into vampires" he says I look back to where my dad, uncle and Elena are only to find them gone "they're gone" I say "she's heading upstairs" he says pointing to the stairs where Elena is, we watch as she's stopped by Elijah "what is he saying?" I ask knowing Kol can hear them "he's asking her if he can trust her to tell him the truth about what mother wants after she's seen her" he says as Elena walks away from Elijah and further up the stairs.

Half an hour later me and Kol were slow dancing to the music when Mrs Lockwood approached us, I suddenly spot my uncle walking over to us "oh crap" I say "what?" Kol asks pulling away "my uncle's heading this way he doesn't know I'm here I'm supposed to be grounded" I say "well go hide" he says I pull away from him and sneak away just as my uncle shows up next to Kol and Mrs Lockwood. I almost jump out of my skin when someone taps my shoulder I turn around to face Elena "Elena" I say surprised "Davina what are you doing here? You're grounded" she says "I was invited" I say she frowns "by who?" She asks "by my boyfriend" I say "you're supposed to stay away from him" she says "does it look like I care my dad and my uncle may be my carers but they don't tell me who to stay away from" I say glaring at her "he's turning you into someone you're not" she says "that's bullshit I've always been like this but you wouldn't know that because you don't know that you know nothing about me other than what my dad told you" I say turning around to walk away but I look back at her when I feel her tug on my hair slightly "what the hell?" I ask "sorry my glove got caught in your hair" she says I eye her suspiciously before walking off outside to get some air.

I come back in the room 5 minutes and see Kol and his siblings making their way up the stairs, another few minutes later their mother Esther appears with a smile on her face but I can already sense it's a fake smile, "attention please" she calls out tapping her glass to gain everyone's attention "welcome it's my honor for you all to be here tonight we celebrate my families return to Mystic falls it has been so long since me and my children have lived here and it is lovely to be back, friends of friends I invite you to our ball in hopes you will welcome us with open arms" she says everyone cheers "a toast to my children it has been a while since we've been a proper family we've had our quarrels but we shall leave all that behind as we become a family once more here's to family" she says raising the glass to her lips and so does everyone else but as Esther takes a sip of her champagne she looks me directly in the eye and I suddenly feel chills run up my spine at the coldness in her eyes, Elijah soon after steps up "to celebrate tonight officially we shall start off with a dance of our choosing, the century's old waltz so please grab a partner and dance away" he says (I apologise if his speech is wrong) I smile as Kol walks up to and asks me to dance with him I of course say yes, once everyone has found a partner Ed Sheeran's give me love plays out through the speakers and we all start dancing, switching partners every now and then but we come back together afterwards, luckily I didn't end up in the arms of my dad or uncle, I'm surprised that they haven't come up to me yet I'm sure uncle Damon saw me before or that Elena would've told them I'm here, the song soon ends and everyone stops dancing to clap.

I was talking to Rebekah I was a little hestitant at first but then she apologized for what happened on Senior prank night, she said she didn't believe that Kol could care about someone other than himself but she was wrong and that she was sorry for doubting him and for emotionally hurting me, after that we started talking away and we are actually getting a long. I open my mouth to say something but I close my mouth when I hear someone shout me and Rebekah look at each other before heading in the direction of the noise, we find Kol and my uncle arguing "listen here stay away from my niece she doesn't need you in her life she never did" my uncle shouts punching Kol "how would you know that you've never asked her" Kol retorts punching my uncle in the face "I don't need to ask her I'm her uncle and I will do what's right" uncle yells pushing Kol off the balcony making me gasp "Kol!" I yell "come on" Rebekah says gently pulling my arm, we run outside where Kol and my uncle are fighting "if you don't break up with Davina I swear I will make you pay" Uncle shouts throwing in a punch "you what? Make me pay you are nothing but small talk Damon Salvatore" Kol says punching my uncle, they carry on yelling and fight "stop!" I yell Kol stops for a second to look at me and my uncle takes that chance to snap his neck, my eyes widen in horror "Kol!" I yell running over to his side, I stroke his face "wake up" I say "Davina he'll be alright it's just a snap of the neck" Rebekah says crouching down next to me "Elijah Klaus come carry Kol inside" Rebekah says Elijah and Klaus walk over to us and pick up Kol "I'll be with you in a few minutes" I say to them as me and Rebekah stand up, once they're inside I turn to face my uncle "how dare you!" I yell glaring at him my fists clenched tightly "Davina he's no good for you he's the enemy and not to mention he's using you" he says "just shut up he's not my enemy I love him and you will do well to remember and respect that" I say turning on my heal to head inside but I'm blocked my dad and Bonnie "stop right there young lady you're grounded remember you shouldn't be here but since you refuse to obey my rules I shall add another week to your punishment you are now grounded for three weeks" my dad says "go fuck yourself" I say glaring at him as I storm past him and Bonnie who tries to talk to me but I don't want to hear it, I'm too angry and upset to listen to anyone right now.

So this chapter was quite long, I hope you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment