Chapter 39

Readers POV
After a few minutes of talking with Azuma, he manages to convince me that what I saw was a dream. Certain things kind of pointed out the obvious as they wouldn't normally happen in everyday real life. For instance, the whole thing with all the doors being locked and the exact same voice and yelling coming from behind each one. It would be impossible to be in more than one place at once anyway.
Azuma told me some of the things I spoke out loud while asleep which surprised me. Sadly I spoke about Takuya so now Azuma keeps questioning.
"It's Takuya the one who is hunting to kill you?"
He asks, tilting his head with a worried concerned expression. His silky silver hair falling away from his face to dangle in the air alone.
Feeling bad for betraying Takuya's trust to keep his secret, instead of talking, I just nod as a reply; sighing instantly afterwards.
"[Name], I can tell that releasing his identity was an issue for you but you don't have to worry, I won't tell anyone about the conversations that went on in this house today. I promise."
Azuma's words made my heart feel warm. He seemed like a genuine trustworthy guy. Although, I thought things like that about Haru and he turned out to be a Neko too. I cant believe Haru is dead.. I just can't. It was my fault he died. I should have stayed away from him.. Takuya did this to him..
"Everything okay? Looks like there's something on your mind?"
"Oh.. I was just thinking about a friend of mine.. He died recently.."
Azuma lowered his head, closing his eyes to sigh, which I done the same.
"I'm sorry.. How did he die?"
"..Takuya.."
He nodded showing he understood, which appealed to me more so than words.
"That's why I've been thinking.. I don't think it's a good idea that we be friends.. Takuya has seen us together meaning he's out to get you and you don't deserve that as you have done nothing wrong. I don't want to drag you into this.."
Azuma shakes his head to disagree.
"It's not your fault [Name]. Besides, like you said, he's seen me with you. So whether we are friends or not, he's going to come for me to kill me anyway. So if that's still going to happen either way, I would rather it happen with you as my friend."
A tear trickles down my cheek as his words hit me emotionally. Azuma notices and gently wipes it away with his thumb.
"Thank you."
He smiles his cute anime smile once more, before an expression of realisation smacks him in the face.
"Oh yeah! The food is ready! I remember what I came up here for now." He chuckles, scratching the back of his head with embarrassment, causing us both to laugh with each other.

We both head downstairs and towards his kitchen. The smell of food colliding with my nostrils was almost enough to make me drool.
"Wow, smells good!" I compliment as I eagerly walk towards the tempting plate awaiting on the kitchen counter.
"Well I hope it tastes as good as it smell." He giggles awkwardly, watching as I cut into the food with my knife and fork, raising it to my mouth and taking a bite. Chewing it slowly before swallowing it.
My eyebrows raise as the taste of the food floods my body, causing goosebumps to cover my limbs.
"That was good! I've never eaten anything so nice!"
Azuma breathed a puff of relief, causing me to giggle.
"God am I glad. I was worried it was going to taste like crap."
We laugh together as I continue to finish my plate, offering him a few bites here and there.
It didn't take long for the food to vanish, which I was sad about. After all, food that good, I wished it was everlasting.

I help Azuma wash and dry the dishes from his cooking. He made quite a mess and seemed to use more pots and pans than necessary, but it kept my mind busy and we had fun with it, throwing bubbles and flicking water off of our fingers at each other.
I'm glad Azuma wanted to stay friends as he seems like the type of guy you can really have fun with.
Why did you choose to talk to me Azuma. Randomly, out of the blue.. why?
"Something on your mind again [Name]?"
"Huh?! Oh uh nothing." I smile awkwardly, pushing my hair behind my ear. Azuma shrugged and put away the last dish.
"Whew. We're done cleaning the dishes" he puffs, wiping away imaginary sweat from his forehead.
"Yeah, it took a while but it was-"
I was suddenly interrupted by a loud banging at Azuma's front door. Causing both of us to jump and face the direction of the source.
"Are.. Are you expecting anyone?"
Azuma remains quiet for a few seconds, looking down at me but soon raising his head back up to the door.
"No." He responds with a shaky tone, grabbing my hand and slowly walking towards the stairs.
"Go to my bedroom and hide. It may not be him, but if it is. I don't want him to see you're here." He whispers, pushing me to go upstairs.
"No, I'm not leaving you down here with him alone if it is him!" I reply quietly, keeping my voice as low as I can but still high enough for Azuma to hear me.
The loud banging of the door echoed through the house once more, causing us both to jump again.
"Fine, fine! Wait here a minute." He ordered before creeping into his kitchen, arching his back so his figure remained low, hoping that whoever was at the door, wouldn't see him.
I heard him rummage through his cutlery draw before sneaking back to me, handing me a knife.
"Just in case."