Chapter 10

Readers POV
Boring. That's all I could describe the rest of my night as. Boring. Takuya walked me home and made sure I was safe before he left. I guess deep down he is a really nice guy. But is it right for me to judge who-what he is? Can he even be called 'human'? Today humans all have respected characteristics that they say you need to have to be classed as a human begin. Eyes, human like ears, nose, hair, teeth. Basically human like features all together. But what can be classed as 'human like'? Takuya has ears, nose, eyes and hair. He has two sides of him that contain all of these, it's  just, one side is less human than the other.
I stare blankly at my ceiling as I think over what happened about an hour ago. So much running through my mind that I hadn't noticed my mother had been calling me, until she barges in my room with an angry emotion spread across her face.
"[Name], I have been calling and calling you! What were you doing that was so important you couldn't answer me?" She hisses. So much travels through my mind of what I would want to say: Having a life, unlike you... Anything that's better than listening to your annoying voice... Fuck sake just shut up... Leave me alone, it's been a rough day and I don't need you nagging in my ear... Mum I love you but piss off out my room.
"Nothing." I mumble as I continue to stare as the bumpy paint above me. My mother sighs to my answer, walking over and sitting on the edge of my bed next to my feet.
"I'm sorry about earlier [Name]. I shouldn't have raised my voice to you." She says in a low tone as her finger twirls around in my blanket. I felt bad for her, she was my mother after all and I do love her.
"I'm sorry too mum." I reply, she looks up to me and smiles, tucking some of my hair back behind my ear.
"Good girl." She says sweetly, standing up to kiss me on my forehead. She leans back up and heads towards my bedroom door but she stops in the doorway, turning around to face me with a smile.
"Any requests for dinner tonight?"
"No thanks mum.. I'm not really hungry.." I murmur as my eyes begin to grow heavy. My mother nods, turning off the light and walking out the door, closing it behind her.
I turn onto my side and fall into a deep sleep.

~**~

It was morning, morning already. Why the nights have to go past so quick yet the days go so slow, I'll never know. I continue my normal routine of putting on my clothes and brushing my teeth and hair before heading downstairs for breakfast.
I felt in a pretty decent mood, having made up with my mother I no longer felt angry to come downstairs in the morning to see her.
"Good morning." She sings as she turns over an egg on the frying pan. Turning her head to face me with a smile.
"Hey mum." I smile back as she places my food onto a plate and heads my way as I stand by the table. She places the food down and holds her arms out for a hug.
"This is our first morning without an argument for 2 years. Let's make it a good one." She smiles, continuing to hold her arms out in my direction. I chuckle and hold out mine to embrace her, but once her arms wrap around me, pain shoots through my body, causing me to scream and arch my back. My mother jumps back terrified of what was wrong with me and why I had yelled.
"What's wrong sweetheart!?" She asks worryingly as she places her hand on my shoulder, causing more pain. I finch away from her as I wince.
"I-I don't know. Whenever you touch me, my skin, it hurts.. My back.." I whine as a small tear dribbles slowly down my cheek. My mother has an extremely worried look on her face as she walks behind me and gently grabs the bottom of my shirt, carefully lifting it up so it was around my neck, she gasps as the sight of my back.
"Hun you're covered in bruises! What on earth happened?!" She cries, lowering my shirt and walking back to stand in front of me. Her face was a picture that I wish I could frame.
"I-I don't know. Maybe I slept funny?" That was a lie. I knew it wasn't because of that. It was most likely due to Takuya pinning me on hard, uneven concrete. He applied quite a lot of force and I certainly landed with a smack.
"Bruising like that from sleeping? I don't believe it. Tell me what happened last night."
"I don't know mum, I swear they must have been caused during my sleep."
"I'm not buying it [Name]." She frowns. I sigh, grabbing my bag that was by the table and dragging it as I walk out of the front door. I hear my mother call my name but Ignore her and leave the house, shutting the door behind me.

As I walk down towards the street from my front, I notice a figure stood by a lamppost opposite my door on the edge of the pavement.
"Takuya?" I say in confusion as I walk over to him. He smiles as he stands up straight from his leaning position. His ears and tail were gone and he looked human again, with his hood up like usual.
"Good morning [Name]. Did you sleep well?" He asked with a caring tone. His attitude towards me made me blush but I hide it as best I can, luckily I don't think he noticed.
"I did until I woke up with my back plastered in bruises." I sigh, lowering my gaze but to soon lift it back up when I hear him gasp a little. I look up to his face to see he has a slight shocked emotion but it soon changes to a cheeky smirk. Why is he smirking like that?
"I can help you with that. I know a good remedy for bruises to ease the pain." He exclaims, reaching out his hand for me to take hold of as he readies to walk on. His smirk reaching high as he winks. Huh!?
I hesitantly take his hand but I grip it firmly when I feel his warm skin against mine. I hear him chuckle at my grip, which causes me to blush like crazy. His chuckle was so deep and smooth, it made me feel buzzy. I try to loosen my grasp but he only tightens his in return as we start to walk to school.
What about the bruise remedy?