Chapter 38

Although he hugged me back, I could tell his body was tense. My guess was that he maybe didn't feel comfortable being this close. Although, I couldn't help it, I was emotional and I won't lie, Azuma smells great.
"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean too-" I stop talking before finishing my sentence, but he got the idea of what I meant as I pulled out of the embrace and looked away awkwardly.
He doesn't respond. Instead he stands to his feet and heads for the kitchen . I started to hear rustling and clanging of plates which confused me a little so I got up and followed him.
"What are you doing?"
I ask as I watch him rummage through his fridge, pulling out odd items that I wouldn't normally put together if I was cooking a meal.
"Um? Azuma?"
He stops and turns to face me, with a kind of embarrassed expression on his face.
"I know what you're thinking.. these foods don't go well together but I know a recipe that will calm your nerves believe it or not." He says with a smile, rubbing the back of his head.
"O-Oh.. Okay. Would you like, some help?"
"Oh no, that's okay! Um, you can go and watch tv or perhaps take a nap as you were exhausted. I can wake you when it's ready." His eyes squint shut as his smile grows. I always admire how his eyes close when he smiles. It's like a cute anime.
"Thank you Azuma." I nod and head upstairs. Making my way to his room.
"That's alright. [Name]."

As I walk, I started to feel a little bad. He probably meant nap on the sofa, yet here I am trying to find his room so I can sleep in his bed. He must think so low of me right now..
I try to kick the thoughts of him feeling bad about me out of my head and continue to look for his room. By the seems of it, his parents don't live here anymore.
I enter a room to what must have previous been his parents, or well, his mothers room. It looked like it hadn't been used in ages but I decided not to use it, just in case.
Eventually finding Azuma's room, I crawl into his bed, not bothering to take in the details of his room, almost instantly falling asleep.

~**~

Banging, loud banging. That's all the could be heard. I stand alone in the middle of the school hallway. But it's dark, all the doors seem to be closed and there are no lights. But I could still see.
"Let me in [Name], open the door!" A voice yelled from the main front entrance. I run away, heading to another door, but the exact same banging and voice came from that door too. I ran from door to door, even class rooms but I got the same thing.
"What the hell is going on!" I yell, falling to my knees as tears stream down my face.
"Ooooh [Name], [Naaaame]. Take a look. I have a surprise for you!!"
I raise my head and wipe away the salty water clouding my vision.
Screams echoed through the entire school, all the way out and down the street. Screams, screams belonging to a female, screams caused by pure horror and sorrow. My screams.
My voice box runs out of energy to even make a squeak as I sit there, shakily staring up to Takuya in his half human half neko form as he holds the hair belonging to my mother. Her decapitated head dangling down, almost to the floor. He raises his hand, her head slowly swaying slightly.
"You know [Name]. She didn't feel a thing!.. Well, who am I kidding? Of course she felt it! She felt it A LOT. I made sure to drag out her pain as much as possible. And I intend to do the same to you! Isn't that great!" He wiggles like an excited child, throwing the head to the floor, landing it in front of me. My mothers terrified fixed expression stares deep into my soul. I shriek, hurrying to my feet and backing away from Takuya and my mothers head.
"[Name]? Where do you think you are going? The fun is only just starting!" He yells, as his body begins to melt, his skin Turing to water and his muscles rinse down to his bone, only for his bone to run like a river. His eyes gushing down to his toes. Every part of him melted but he did not die, instead, his form simply changed into a full animal, his third neko form.
Before me, now stood on all fours, was Takuya. He had become what I believe is known as a Lynx type cat. However, he was no ordinary Lynx. He was a beast. Huge in size, smaller than an elephant but much bigger than any tiger or lion. I didn't know what to compare it to. All I wanted to do was run, run as fast as I can.
Sadly, I don't get very far as something grabs my ankles, dragging me to the floor. In a hurry, I look to my feet to see Azuma laying on the ground with his fingers latched around my ankles, with an angry expression on his face. I desperately try and kick free as Takuya comes closer.
I mange to free on if my legs but I'm instantly stopped again when Azuma stabs a knife into my leg. Blood squirts as I bellow out in pain.
Azuma crawls back into the shadows as Takuya finally reaches me.
"Play time!"
"No, No! NO! DONT TOUCH ME! GET AWAY!"

~**~

Azuma Goro's POV
"NO! DONT TOUCH ME! GET AWAY!"  [Name] yells in her sleep, tossing and turning, the blankets thrashing everywhere. Grabbing her shoulders, I begin to shake her, trying my best to wake her from her sleep.
"[Name]! [Name] it's me! It's Azuma! Calm down!" I try to reassure her, hoping she would hear me within her dream. Suddenly, her eyes shoot open, they looked stunned and bloodshot. Once she sets her eyes on me, she gasps and scurries away to the corner of the headboard by the wall.
"Azuma! P-Please don't hurt me again!"
She looked genuinely scared. It must have been such a bad dream that she actually thinks it was real.
"[Name]. Relax, it's okay. What ever I done to you, it was not real, it was only a nightmare you were having."
I watch as her body starts to relax, I could see her shoulders lowering.
"Just.. Just a, d-dream?"
"Yes [Name], just a dream."
She sighed and crawled a little closer, although, she stilled remained her distance and wouldn't come back to her original spot.
"But it felt so real.."