Chapter 8

Takuya unclenches his fish and pushes his arm back to grab onto my wrist. He turns his head slightly in my direction but his eyes were still locked on the dark cloud.
"[Name]. You and your friend leave. It is not safe here." He spoke with strong, demanding words. He always spoke in such a formal way, it was sweet an made him sound like a gentleman but I can't forget what happened in the school garden when he pinned me.
"Go now!" He ordered, causing me and Asumi to flinch backwards. We turn to each other, nodding then running away as we were told to. Leaving Takuya behind with the darkness.

Takuya Takao's POV
I wait, glaring at the frowning red eyes as I listen to the sounds of [Name]'s footsteps fading into the distance. Once it was silence, I spoke up.
"I demand that you tell me why you are here Atomu." I growl in anger and hatred as I watch the dark cloud around him disintegrate. Leaving behind the one person on this earth who I truly despise. My twin brother.
"That's no way to speak to your beloved Brother is it now Takuya?" He smirks evilly, the very thought of him talking to me like we were family made me sick.
"You are no brother of mine Atomu." I snarl, taking a step closer and my fists tighten. But this only causes him to laugh.
"Oh how I love it. That emotion of anger and rage spreading across your face. Fufufufu. Come now Takuya, you know what we are, why are you wasting your time with that useless piece of flesh?"
"Do not speak of her in such a way! She is more than that to me you sick fuck!" I begin to become engulfed in rage as I feel a tingling sensation in my lower back-rear, the top of my head and my finger nails. My long black tail, pointy black ears and sharp claws burst through my skin, revealing my neko form. Thank goodness [Name] was not here to see me in such a state.
Atomu begins to ball with laughter as his ears, tail and claws sprung out with ease. But our fangs grew together in unison.
"Wow look at you, finally standing up for yourself. I'm proud of you brother!"
"Stop calling me that!" Atomu smirks as he walks closer, beginning to circle around me as my tail coils around myself, his dragging to the floor, surrounding my legs.
"I guess it's time I tell you why I'm here? Well, isn't it obvious?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Takuya, you are a pure-bread neko. Not some pathetic half-breed that's been turned. The neko blood lines run through your veins. Mine included. You are designed to kill and kill alone. You're not here to feel emotion and fall in love with a filthy human girl such as her."
As he surrounded me, his long tail got tighter and tighter around my ankles as mine starts to unwind around myself and wrap around Atomu's waist as he stops in front of me.
"I am warning you Atomu. Leave [Name] alone." He shows a false frown as he pretends to sob. But his fake tears soon turn to laughter as he grins evilly.
"That's the thing Takuya. I can't. She's just so damn precious to you, I can't help myself! I want to feel her touch, her skin against my tongue. I want to know how she tastes." His licks his lips in a sickly manner, causing my body to literally explode.
"You will not touch her!" I yell as I pounce on him, pinning him to the floor. I raise a hand and strike, attempting to claw his eyes out but he catches my hand just in time.

"Look at you! You've become so strong over the years. I'm impressed!"
"Shut up!" I demand as I yank my hand out of his grasp as tear my claws into his face, ripping his skin around the surface of his eye. He whines in pain, snapping his fangs around my wrist. I yell in agony as his fangs penetrate my flesh, blood dribbling down. I tug my hand back vigorously, causing his jaw to loose grip as I pull it back harshly. He groans as pain shoots through his jaw. I take my opportunity to dig my claw right into his eye socket. He shrieks as I drive my talon in further, blood squirts at me but I do not flinch. His cries were like music to my ears. They twitched and perked as his yells got louder until he suddenly shoved me off of him. We both stand to our feet. Atomu clutching his face around his damaged eye with the palm of his hand.
"You bastard! I'll see to it that your precious bitch dies at my hands!" I snarl at his words as his darkness cloud forms around him, now only one red eye was visible as he disappears. The sky still remaining dark in the night.
I decide to turn and walk away as I leave behind the bloody scene as I head towards an abandoned tunnel to a near by stream. It allowed me to wash the blood from the clothes but to also grab some dinner.

Readers POV
After what seemed like an eternity, I decided to walk Asumi home, it was only fair. But on my way back, I decide to take a shortcut as I didn't want to run into the darkness thing again. I was full of fear for the entire walk home. I turn a corner, looking down the street as it leads to a long dark tunnel that seemed to drag on for ages. It was pretty run down so my guess was that it was abandoned. I was scared to walk through it due to the water right next to it. If I were to trip, I could fall and drown.
I take a deep breath and head into the tunnel, surprisingly, it was a lot lighter inside than I was expecting. As I continue to walk, I start to hear a crunching, squelching sound coming from within the shadows. The sound made me feel terrified as the smell of dead fish and guts filled the air, making me almost vomit. I gag but suddenly freeze once the crunching stops.
"Who's there?" A stern voice calls. I was relieved to hear it as familiar. It was Takuya. I walk into the shadows but stop dead in my tracks once I see him.
He stared at me with a carcass of a fish caught in his jaws. He had black ears on the top of his head and a long slender black tail. His finger nails had changed into long talons and all of his hair was now on show due to his hood being down. No longer covering his head. His appearance shocked me greatly.

"[Name]" he cooes in a somewhat angered manner

"[Name]" he cooes in a somewhat angered manner. My jaw drops as I slowly back away. He notices my movement and rises to his feet. I gasp and make a dash for it in the other direction.
"[Name]!" He yells as the sound of chasing footsteps could be heard close behind me.