Chapter 34

Readers POV
Class was finally over. I never did understand why I had to sit through an hour of pointless learning that I will never use in my life.
Well, at least there's a break snack to look forward to.
I sigh and begin to start packing away my things. Most of the students in my class had already left. They always start to pack away secretly 5 minutes before lesson ends so they can rush out, most of the time to smoke. Sensei never likes it but whenever she told them to stop and wait for the bell, they never did. They would just continue, so I think she gave up with it.
I however, actually have the decency and respect to wait until the bell rang. There were some students who waited like me, but only a few, 3 at the maximum. 
I watch as too girls exit the room together, laughing and smiling at each other. Now thinking I was alone in the room, I could relax. Exhaling deeply.
"That was a long sigh." A voice chuckles from behind me. I gasp and jump a little, remembering that there were 3 who waited. Not just the 2 girls, there was one more.
I turn around to see an unfamiliar face walking towards me. Seeing his face made my hands and knees grow limp. He was dearly handsome.
He had flowing silver hair that perfectly framed his pale skinned face. His eyes were so beautiful, it was practically breath taking. Some people are glorified with a set of beautiful green eyes or beautiful blue eyes. But this guy. He was blessed with a mixture of two different colours. One eye, a stunning blue-green, the other was almost as if it were made of gold. It was such a light tone of chestnut that it almost looked yellow. For a second, I thought it was.

"My name is Azuma

"My name is Azuma. Azuma Goro."
The corner of his lips turned upwards into a sweet smile as he greeted me, reaching out his pale hand for me to shake. I let my hand move to meet with his but i forgot I was holding my books to my chest so they instantly fell to the floor before I had a chance to feel his grip.
"O-Oh I'm so sorry!" I whine as I rush to the floor and scramble to pick up my falling books as embarrassment shone over me.
"Here, let me help." His voice sounding like soothing music as he crouched down in front of me, helping to collect my fallen pile of books. As we put them all together, our hands accidentally brush but I yank my hand back before it could be anything more. Last time I became close to a guy, he died.. I can't let that happen again.
"I apologise." He claims as we both raise back to our feet.
"I-It's okay. I'm [Name].                 [Name/LastName]."
He nods to my greet. His glossy hair falling in front of his eyes, only to sit in its original position once his head rises.
"The pleasure is mine. It's nice to meet you. [Name]."
He smiles, squinting his eyes cutely before turning and walking out of the room.
What just happened?.. he seemed so nice, why have I not noticed him before and why has he only just started talking to me?
I brush it off and shrug to myself, placing my books in my bag like I was originally going to do, before heading out of the room.
Oh, I hope I have enough time to eat my food before the bell rings for next period.

I quickly rush to my spot that I would usually sit in, opening my bag and pulling out a fairly large apple. It was thick and plum, with a succulent red skin. I raise the apple to my mouth, closing my eyes and take a bite. It's sweet juice squirting out as my teeth penetrate the fruit. The delicious flavour flooding down my throat as I chew and finally swallow.
"You seem to be enjoying that." A voice chuckled, causing my eyes to slam open, showing a smiling Azuma standing before me.
"A-Azuma!" I cough as I finish swallowing the last piece from the previous bite.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude your break snack, but you were sat alone, so I thought I would keep you company." His teeth gleaming in a toothy smile, his eyes squinting.
"Oh, of course, take a seat." I nod, shuffling up the bench so he could have enough room to sit with space.
"Thank you [Name]."

As break went on, I completely forgot about continuing with my apple, I was too caught up in talking with Azuma. Every word that slid through his lips had meaning. I could easily sit for hours and listen to him talk.
After a while, I soon discovered that we had a lot in common.
Both of our fathers left and both of us had a poor relationship with our mothers. He was the same age as me and also seemed to enjoy the same type of music. During our conversation, the bell had rung for second period, but luckily I checked my schedule and I had a free lesson, and so did Azuma, so we both stayed and continued our chat.
"Hey Azuma, do you believe that there may be, other creatures living here, other than humans and animals?
I saw a film about people who were half animal and half human. Do you think that would be possible?"
Obviously what I said was a lie, it wasn't a film, it was real life, I actually saw it. But I couldn't tell him that, he would think I'm crazy or possibly harm Takuya. Don't let anything slip about Takuya or Haru [Name]...
"That is an odd question. I'm not quite sure. Anything is possible. Right [Name]?" He turns his head directly to me and smiles, although this smile seemed to have more emotion than just happiness within it.
Before I go to reply, something catches my eye. It was Takuya. He walked past one of the open doors, his clothes seemed to be covered in some substance.
"I'm sorry, could you excuse me a minute?"
"Of course."
With Azuma's okay, I left him on the bench and followed the direction I saw Takuya walk in. Seeing him walking in such a rush with a substance unable to make out from a distance interested me. I wanted to find out what he was doing.

I eventually make my way to the boys changing rooms. I shouldn't be in there but Takuya and I were close anyway..
"Takuya? Takuya are you in here?" I slowly walk around checking the corners hidden behind lockers but did not see him, until I found him almost naked, standing by the showers, he was just about to remove his underwear but stopped once he noticed me.
"Oh Takuya! I'm s-sorry. I'll wait until you finish your shower."
I turn to leave but he stops me, grabbing  my hand and pulling me back.
"Were you following me?"
"N-No, I mean.. I saw you walking quickly with stuff on your shirt and I wanted to check you were okay!"
"You did not, see, anything else?" His grip tightened around my wrist.
"What? No, I didn't see anything? Why? What were you doing?"
"It is none of your concern. I suggest you leave and go back to lesson."
"I-I have a free period, I have no lesson."
"[Name]. Leave." He scoffs, letting go of my wrist harshly. His grip leaving behind a small red mark in my skin.
"I.. O-Okay Takuya.."
I sigh and turn to leave, walking out of the boys changing rooms and back to where I was during break. And just were I left him was Azuma, waiting patiently for my return.