Chapter 7

Asumi and I both freeze due to a clang noise sounding behind us, as if something was dropped or two items bashed together. The note from the fridge slowly slips out of my trembling fingers and drifts towards the ground like a feather. My eyes shift in Asumi's direction to see hers looking right back at me, her mouth ajar in fear. I give a shaky nod to say we should turn around and look but her head shakes side to side to say no, she was scared and I was too, but if a murderer was behind us, we would need to see it to know that we should run.
I give another nod as I slowly lift my hand to hold hers, but once our fingers grip together, we both flinch at the sound of an angry growl behind us. I grip her hand tight, slamming my eyes shut as we take a deep breath in and slowly turn around.

Once we were facing in the other direction, I slowly peal my eyes open hoping there would be nothing there, but I gasp at what I see. The entire room was cloaked in darkness, I couldn't see anything, the only thing in front of me that was visible was two red frowning eyes starting at me. I thought that it might be Takuya if he had followed me here, but these were different - for a start they weren't yellow but also, the pupil was a completely different shape. My body shakes even more as tears fill in my eyes due to fear, I feel Asumi's grip tighten as her breathing increases, both of our breaths heavy. Suddenly a loud roar erupts from the darkness with the red eyes, causing me and Asumi to scream in terror. We turn and run, heading for the kitchen door, luckily it was open so I was able to quickly push it open and run out the house with Asumi following. An hour or so ago it was daylight and it still was when we exited the house, but as soon as the thing with the red eyes left the house, the sky turned black as the town fell into the night as quick as a flash.
"Not possible!" I whisper as the eyes draw closer as we stood on the pavement. I still couldn't see who or what it was as a cloud of darkness surrounded it, only allowing us to see the eyes. More growls and snarls erupt from the dark fog? Mist? Cloud? as the eyes draw closer. They seemed to be moving quicker and quicker so Asumi and I make a run for it in the opposite direction.

We both begin to pant as we continue to run, Asumi's brown pigtails flailing behind her, my [h/l] hair blowing in the wind as we go.
"I-Is he still f-following us?" Asumi pants as we grow out of breath. I turn my head round as I run to see the eyes and it's cloud following us behind closely.
"Yes! Keep running!" I shout as we try and pick up our speed. Our legs grow tried but we do not stop but we panic as we draw close to a junction.
"Left or right?!" Asumi yells as we get close and closer to it.
"Right!" I order and we both turn the corner just in time, keeping to the pavement.
Our breathing and heavy panting could be heard for miles im sure of it as we started to slow, pain flowing through our gut. Asumi checks behind her, I watch as her eyelids slam open, her jaw drops.
"Keep running!" She screams, I peak behind to see the eyes were even closer than before. We shriek and pick up the pace again. Only to bump into something and fall on our backsides. We look up to see Takuya standing with wide eyes in front of us. We lowers a hand to us and helps us to our feet.
"What is with the rush [Name]?" He asks. Asumi begins to panic so I have to answer quickly.
"Were being chased by a dark cloud with red eyes!" I yell as I run around and hide behind him as I feel a could breath against my neck, Asumi hides behind him too, holding me close.
I peak around Takuya's arm to see that the eyes had stopped and were frowning at Takuya, I notice his hand clench into a fist as he growls quietly, so I slowly lift my eyes to glance up to his face that was hiding under his hood, I couldn't quite see his eyes due to his hair falling down but I could definitely see a small shade of yellow. All this time, I thought the red eyes belonged to Takuya and he was chasing us. I now know that it is something else.

"What are you doing here?" Takuya asked towards the red staring eyes. His voice actually shocked me a little as I was expecting his normal deep calm voice, but this voice was deep yes, but it was sharp and raspy. Almost angry. Very angry.
"You know why I am here Takuya." The cloud replies. I gasp at the sound of the voice, it sounded almost exactly like Takuya's voice, only more sharp and scary. How did it know his name?
"This is not the time for you to be here Atomu." Takuya replied. I couldn't believe what I was earring or seeing. The only thing visible in this thing was eyes yet Takuya new exactly who it was.