Chapter 15

"Ugghh today was so boring!" I groan as I slowly make my way down the street, dragging my feet with every step.
Haru laughs, pushing my shoulder slightly.
"Relax, you had a half day, we got to leave early! Not all is bad" he smiles widely but I just sigh. I was too tried to smile back at him.
"Yeah I guess."
"[Name]. Smile."
"Eh, I can't even be bothered to smile."
Haru stops, turning to face me with a stern yet cheeky expression on his features.
"Smile, or I will have to tickle you." My eyes widen as I take a step back.
"Don't. You. Dare." I say with each step that I take. Haru smirks as his launches himself at me, pinning me to the floor on the grass of side path as I lay there in my back.
"What are you gonna do?" He chuckles as he slowly raises his hand, wiggling and scrunching his fingers.
"Are you gonna smile?" He asks but I don't reply. Which I instantly regretting as he plunged his hand on my side and started to vigorously tickle me, causing my body to curve and arch around his touch. I laughed and giggled uncontrollably.
"S-Stop! Haru, N-No!" I stutter due to my laughter, but to my pleasure, he stops.
"Are you gonna smile?"
I open my mouth to reply but it was too late, Haru had already started tickling me again, his other hand now tickling the crack of my neck, causing me to tilt my head sharply.
"Okay okay! I'll smile!" I plead, Haru instantly stops his torture but continues to tower over me as I lay on the grass panting. It took me a while to catch my breath and realise that Haru had been staring at me longingly the entire time.
"Haru-" before I could finish, Haru planted his lips onto mine as he kisses my warmly. I was utterly shocked and it definitely took me by surprise. I place my hand on his chest and apply force, causing him to instantly pull away, averting his eyes.
"I'm sorry.. I couldn't help myself." He apologises as he stands to his feet, lowering a hand to help me up to mine.
"It's okay Haru. Thank you for apologising." I reply, He nods and we both continue walking, talking about random things but not about the kiss. The kiss is discussed to myself in my head during the times that Haru and I were silent.
Why did Haru kiss me? He hasn't shown any signs of likening me - I don't think.. We're best friends.. But I'm so confused, everything he does is different to Takuya. The way I feel around them, the way they smirk, the way they.. kiss. Everything is different. Did I enjoy their kisses? Did I only enjoy Haru's? Or only Takuya's?... Ugh I don't know!
"What's in your mind [LastName]." Haru chuckles as he slaps the back of my head, I punch his shoulder playfully out of instinct. But I don't reply completely, I just shake my head which he replies to with a nod.
Once we reach my house, we say our goodbyes and part, I head inside but Haru carries on down the street.

I walk in the door to notice that the house was empty.
"Mum!-" I call but I cut myself off, remembering that she wasn't home today as she had to go out last minute. So being as she wasn't here, I decide to go and make my own lunch, heading towards the kitchen. I hunt around looking for ingredients but nothing we had was what I really wanted or felt like eating, so instead I just grab a bowl of [favouriteCereal]. Walking over to the sofa and turning on the tv.
As I watched the news, I saw another report update about the case of Mizuki's death. They say they identified the tool used and described it as something called a 'hatchet' but they have not found the actual one that was used to kill her. Some people are disgusting. I hope the person who done this rots in hell.
Having nothing else to do, I wash up my bowl of cereal and head up to my room. I never really ate any of the food but if I hadn't of made anything, I would be hungry.
Once in my room, I shut the door and head over to my bed, flopping onto it, bouncing a little as my weight hits the mattress.
"Mmmm." I groan to the comfort of my bed as I roll under my covers. Reaching out to set an alarm on my phone for 9pm. I know that's early for the meet up but I needed enough time to get ready and actually walk to the tunnel itself.
As I try to fall asleep, I start to think about who could have written the note and why they wanted to meet me, how they knew Harus name and how they knew that I had been to the tunnel before so I knew where it was. It all confused me but I was also a little scared incase anything bad were to happen. Just as Haru said could happen. But, I just have to trust that this person won't do anything bad to me.