Chapter 22

Takuya Takao's POV
Ugh, she's not here! I growl to myself as Haru and I search Atomu's house. As I walk past the dinning table, I angrily grab its corner and flip it across the room as frustration takes over me. I turn to see Haru staring at me with wide eyes as he continues to hold his wounded face. This is his fault. I snarl as my eyes turn a deep but bright yellow, causing Haru to gasp as I walk towards him, taking hold of his shirt collar as I yank him forward. He was defenceless due to holding his face to try and stop the bleeding.
"This is all because of you. If you had never been in her life, none of this would have happened." I say with rage as I drag him into the kitchen, his feet and legs kicking desperately behind him, trying to break free from my grip, but it was pointless. There was no chance I was letting him go.
Once we reach the kitchen, I throw him to the floor as he slides along the tiles, hitting the fridge with a thump.
"Gah!" He groans as his head smacks the hard metallic door. He uses his only free hand to rub the back of his skull to ease the pain. But I soon snap him back to concentration once I speak.
"I have put up with you for long enough. But I will no longer allow you to get in the way of [Name] and I. I need to remove you from her life - from this world." I grind my teeth as I walk towards him, grabbing his hair and yanking him to his feet harshly, he yelps in pain but his fearful eyes do not leave my face as he stares at me with terror. He may be a neko too, but for his kind, he was pathetic.

My claws spring from my finger nails as I pull Haru's head back, preparing to slice his neck but I'm stopped by his pleading words.
"W-Wait wait wait! Don't do this Takuya! Remember the old days? We were friends - best friends! We made a promise to never fight and to be friends forever! Don't you remember?! You don't want to do this Takuya, I know you don't! I know you, this isn't-"
"You think you know me!" I interrupt his fail at an attempt to plead for his life as I chuckle with anger.
"You do not know anything about me anymore. Sure, I remember the days we were friends. But then you left, forgot me, and all my life went down hill where I was sold at a circus- I have no idea what happened to my mother. You were no where to help me and be the friend you said you would be. You caused me to snap, and I shall never forgive!" I yell as I strike my talon across his throat, his face changing instantly to a pale white as blood gushes from his neck. He gargles as his body falls to the floor as he clutches his neck, desperately trying to stop the bleeding, but it was useless. I severed an artery and my claw dug down deep. No one could survive this - not even a neko.

A couple seconds pass before Haru's body lays lifeless at my feet as a pool of blood forms around him, soaking his blonde hair. I crouch down in front of him, grabbing his hair and yanking back his head, however, the force at which I applied as I tugged his head causes his slit neck to rip and stretch as his head snaps off of his body. I chuckle as I hold his head in my hand while his body laid headless on the kitchen floor.
I toss the head aside, grabbing Haru's body, lifting it so his shoulder was inline with my face. I smirk evil, biting down into his flesh as I tear off a large chunk, chewing it slow as blood dribbles down my chin until the meat is finally swallowed.
"Rest in peace. Friend." I mumble sarcastically, causing myself to giggle at my own words as I stand to my feet and head out of the house, leaving Haru's headless body behind, along with the severed head.

As I walk down the street, blood covering my clothes, it was handy that it was night, otherwise people would see the mess I have made. But as I was walking, I pick up a scent. The smell was breath taking, it got me aroused just thinking about the smell. It was definitely blood, but I had to find out who the blood belonged to. I trot down the street as I follow the delicious smell, saliva falling from my mouth as I drool heavily to the sweet aroma.