Coping With Death

Sadly, my first pet lizard Liz passed away on August 6th, 2017... So I'm in a grieving state. She had been sick for months, dying from old age and was fighting it. In her later years, she also developed seizures and it pained me greatly! As I have them too, and so had 2 of my past pets. I often wonder 'why can animals get this cursed disease? There's no easy treatment for them! Only humans.'
I could barely stand the looks Rinx, her lizard friend from the tank next to hers every time she had one, he was clearly concerned. Or when she actually passed and we removed her body... He wouldn't stop looking at her, and us he knew what was going on...what had happened.
To this day - many days later he still stares at her empty cage...
Clearly in mourning, like us.
And we hold him letting Rinx know he's not alone.
The Quotes don't belong to me.
~*~*~*~*~
"Even if you know what's coming, you're never prepared for how it feels." -Natalie Standiford
~*~*~*~*~
"Grief is like the ocean, it comes in waves, ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim."
~*~*~*~*~
"Where there are no words...know the silences are carrying the thoughts and prayers of all who you love."
~*~*~*~*~
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
~*~*~*~*~
"The weight of loss may never go away but we learn how to carry it."
~*~*~*~*~
"When tomorrow starts without me, don't think we're far apart for every time you think of me I'm right here inside your heart."
~*~*~*~*~
A Pet's Peace
"I have left you now
But please don't be sad you gave me all the love you had.
You did so much for me in my time here and I'll always hold those precious times near.
I know someday you'll find love again and into your life will come a new friend.
Your heart will heal, though you'll never forget memories like the first time we met.
Memories are wonderful, so keep them close and remember all the good times the most.
Up in Heaven for animals is where I'll be and someday in the future, each other we will see.
I am at Peace now, so please don't be sad.
You gave me all the love you had."
~*~*~*~*~