Chapter twenty three

cameron//
It's been a been month since we broke the news the Camila, we had a rough start but things are starting to get better. The relationship between Katherine and I have gotten better and I feel the connection between us getting stronger. I haven't had a family in so long and it makes me feel better to have my girls back.

Camila's sixteenth birthday was coming up in a few days and I hoped to make it special since I haven't experienced any of her days. I loved seeing her so excited for her party but I have had a lot of pressure to make it perfect. I wanted to show her I am a good dad, so I would do anything to please her.

"Oh my god, this is really cute," Camila says scrolling through a website of party decorations. I didn't know much about party planning but whatever she wanted I would get her. My new job Matthew gave me pays well so I can splurge a little.

"We aren't rich Cammy, you know your limit don't go over it," Katherine tells her and she rolls her eyes causing me the chuckle at how much they are alike. "What about Carter or Nash or even Taylor? They are all loaded," Camila asks causing her mom to sigh.

"I'd rather not ask my friends for money, we have enough for your party but we just have to be cautious," Katherine tells her walking towards me, wrapping her arms around my neck. "What about this? It's pretty and cheap," she says pointing at a string of light shaped like stars.

"No, it's not my style. Can you please call Taylor? He understands my style, he's been taking me shopping since I was born," she says. "Maybe you can call him and ask him yourself," Katherine suggests handing her phone over to Camila. We watch her hold the phone up to her ear and walk out of the room.

"It's scary how much yo guys are alike," I tell her laughing and she laughs nodding in agreement. "You're going to have to deal with it. Can you handle that?" She asks. "It's kind of weird having two Katherine's around, I don't how I feel about that," I joke and she pushes my head before hugging me from behind.

"I'm so glad we made things work, I don't know how I would've survived another month without you," I tell her and she kisses my cheek. "Yeah, I feel the same way. I thought I was going to be alone forever," she tells me and I laugh. Even without me she would never be alone, Camila is what brings us together.

"I know we've been taking things slow, but do you think we move things a little faster?" She asks causing my heart to race. That could mean many different things but one of them sticks in my mind. "Like how?" I ask looking to face her.

"I don't know," she laughs. "Maybe like, we could-," she says but pauses in between her words. "Like marriage?" I asked a little too loudly and her eyes go wide.

"No! Not yet," she laughs. "Maybe we can have some fun?" She suggests and I now know what she wants. I smirk placing my hands firmly on her ass pulling her closer. "Maybe that can happen," I tell her as she puts both hands on my shoulders pulling in connecting our lips together. I haven't thought about sex lately maybe cause it's been awhile, but maybe this will help me feel like my normal self again.

"He said he'd love to help and that there wasn't a limit," Camila says coming into the room. We pull away watching her go directly towards the laptop again. She's more mature than I thought she would be, either she doesn't care about public affection or she doesn't seem to like us together. We don't say anything and pay our attention back to the screen again.

"Hey bitches! Where is the soon to be birthday girl?" We hear Natasha down the hall, she enters the room with many different shopping bags and Kian trailing behind her. "Natasha!" Camila shouts hugging her tightly. "Taylor is going pay for my party," she tells her causing us to laugh.

"Of course he is, have you seen him? I would make him pay for my party too," she says settling the bags down on the counter. She looks over at the screen and gives Katherine a look. "Ew, you're picking out her decorations," she says causing Katherine to look taken back.

"I have pretty good taste," Katherine says causing her to laugh. Kian walks over to where I'm sitting and we greet each other. "How's life been?" He asks and I shake my head smiling. "It's been better than ever , I haven't felt this happy in so long," I tell him and he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, we are pretty lucky guys. We have amazing friends and beautiful women," he says pointing out Natasha who is arguing with Katherine and Camila. "Yeah they are pretty great," I laugh.

"I have something to tell you. Can we go somewhere more private?" Kian asks and I nod putting a hand on Katherine shoulder letting her know I'll be gone for a second. We walk out the front door and he shut it tightly behind him. "What's going on?" I ask him and he lets out a puff of air.

"I've never been this nervous before. I want to ask Natasha to marry me. And I'm asking everyone if the rings okay," he says pulling a box out of his coat pocket and opening it revealing a ring with a dozen diamonds shining all around the band and a big one front and center. "Damn! That's one big ass rock," I shout and he laughs letting me examine it.

"She's going to love it man," I tell him patting his shoulder. "I hope so, I just need a plan on how I'm going to propose. Knowing her she'd love something spontaneous and fancy, right?" He asks and I nod. "You'll figure something out, anything you do in sure she will love," I tell him. "Thanks man," he smiles pulling me into a hug.