Chapter thirteen

"Cameron," I hear Camila answer the door and I jog over to the door. I didn't want Cameron to come over yet, I was making dinner and I thought that everyone could eat together. The drive back to the house made me think about how unfair I was being towards Cameron and she deserves to know who her father is.

"Cameron, what are you doing? This is my mom's house you can come right on in," I smile dismissing Camila, just to assure she doesn't find out about anything.

"I just wanted to see my two favorites girls before everyone came back here," he smiled. I walked outside and shut the door behind me.

"You have to be careful about what you say around Camila. It will ruin the surprise I have planned for later," I told him with a grin and he gave me a confused look. "I was thinking that we could announce that you are her father at dinner tonight," I told him and his smile widened.

"Are you serious?" he chuckled and I nodded. "I am happy but I don't want you to do it for the wrong reason," he said.

"How would I be doing this for the wrong reasons?" I asked.

"Just because we have been getting along for only an hour and you don't even know your feelings for me yet," he explained.

"But a lot can happen in an hour and I am still trying to figure out my feelings for you. But I just realized that the longer I wait the more she will be pissed at me for waiting so long and I don't want to ruin this moment by Camila holding a grudge against me," I told him. He cupped my face connected our lips. I can't explain what I am feeling right now, I just want to get tonight over with so I can deal with me and Cameron. We pulled away smiling at each other.

"I can't believe this is actually gonna happen, now I can don't have to keep kissing up to you," he told me .

"Wait what?" I ask as I watch his face drop and he mumbles a few words. "Was that your plan the whole time? To flatter me until I give into you because you knew I would be weak enough," I explain and he looks at the ground.

"I'm sorry," he says looking at me.

"How do I even know those things you told me were real? If you even still love me like you said" I snap.

"I do still love you. Everything I said is true," he told me.

"It's kind of hard to believe now that you have been lying to me," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I've been playing for two hours," he snapped.

"When you shouldn't have been playing me at all," I told him.

"I just want to be in your life and be with my daughter. That's all I have ever wanted since I came back," he told me.

"Just because you want that doesn't mean I do. I did start to have feeling for you again but that is all gone now so go find a hotel or something to go stay at," I told him before starting to walk back into the house. I felt him grab my wrist but I tugged it back slamming the door in his face.

"Mom, what's going on? Stop keeping secrets from me, I don't want that relationship with you. I'll understand if it's bad just tell me," Camila told me walking down the stairs with my mom.

"Mom, please. She won't understand," I pleaded and she shook her head. At this point I had no choice but to tell her, my mom doesn't iunderstand what I am going through. Camila will never forgive me if I tell her the truth.

"Mom, seriously. I am just getting more and more agitated by waiting for you to tell me," Camila said.

All this pressure has been put on me and Camila isn't the only thing I have to worry about now, Cameron's relationship with her will be at risk. "I don't know if your ready Cam, I'm sorry," I told her dropping my hands to my sides.

"You always think I'm such a child! I'm almost sixteen which means I am a adult now so you can tell me mature things like this. Can't you realize that I'm growing up so soon I'm not going to be your little girl anymore!" She yelled running past me and out the door.

"Just let her go," my mom told me as I was about to run after her. I couldn't just let her go out on her own, a lot of things could happen in a short period of time. "She's probably just going to Holden's house," she reassured me.

"I can't believe you would turn her against me like that," I snapped walking into the kitchen and started throwing things away. This day didn't plan out how I wants it to be. I thought after today things were gonna change in a good way I suppose.

"She needs to know you were doing the right thing before you got into some sort of argument with Cameron," she told me.

"Mom this is none of your business, you have a choice to not be involved and I suggest you just leave it alone," I told her before grabbing my jacket and keys. I couldn't let her run around by herself, I wouldn't be right of me as a parent to do so.
*
This is a super short chapter but whatever I needed to update and I can't think of anything else to write beyond this point <3