Chapter eight

I examined Cameron and Camila sitting near the window and I smiled as they started laughing really hard at something. It wouldn't be so bad to be a family, but I just couldn't love Cameron the way I used to. I was hoping that he wouldn't turn his back on me and tell her he's her dad.

"Hey, we got to go," Jack G told me and I nodded getting up. Even though me and Jack have had our problems in the past, we always seemed to get through it. We dated on and off since Cameron was gone and , me and Nash had a fling one summer but I knew we wouldn't work cause I was still in love with Cameron. Today, now that I look back at it, it disgust me that I ever chose them to try and move one from Cameron.

"Is it time for our flight?" I asked putting on a pair of sunglasses. We were going to go to Mexico for the huge beach party coming up, but then me and Carter talked about it and settled on going back to Miami. Besides, it would be great to see my mom again. She moved once I finished college so she could help watch Camila, but now I can watch her on my own.

She has been planning on moving back and offered me to come with her. It took me days to think about until I decided to stay. Camila needed to know all the amazing things I did when I first moved here.

"They just called it," he said and I nodded walking over to Camila and Cameron. "Time to take off," I gave her a small smile. "I'm so excited to see grandma again," she squealed jumping up and rolling her carry on.

"She's an amazing girl," Cameron told me and I nodded agreeing. "But I want to tell her," he said and I sighed. "We made a deal," I reminded him. "Screw the deal, she needs to know. If you don't tell her soon, then I will," he snapped and picked up with back pack before walking over to the group. I couldn't care less what he wanted. He wasn't there to hold my hair back, he wasn't there for any of the classes, he wasn't there for the doctors appointments, he wasn't there for for her birth, he wasn't there at all.

I walked over to the group avoiding any contact with Cameron. I walked over to Camila and wrapped an arm arm her shoulder and forced a smile. I was going to have fun on this trip and he wasn't going to ruin it. "Where's Holden?" I asked her and she shrugged. "Something about a gift shop," she said and I chuckled. "I'll be back," I told her and she nodded.

"I walked to where the gifts shop was located and found him in the jewelry section. "What are you looking at?" I asked and he looked back to see me before putting it back to its original spot. "Just some necklaces for me and Cam's anniversary," he said and I nodded. "Oh yeah, that day is coming up," I chuckled and he nodded.

"But that necklace says forever and eternity," I pointed out. "Yeah, our friendship will last forever," he said and I nodded. "Do you love Camila?" I asked. "Of course I love her," he gave me a confused look. "Sorry, I should have put it like this. Are you in love with my daughter?" I asked and he got silent.

"Will you be mad at me?" He asked and I chuckled. "Of course not Holden," I told him. "I don't know, I don't even know what love is at this age," he told me and I smiled. "But, do you feel something towards her?" I asked.

"Yeah, kind of," he mumbled. "But, I'm trying to move on from her. So after our anniversary, I'm going to try and find someone to move onto," he said and I shook my head. "That doesn't work, it takes time to move on from someone you love," I told him.

"Do you have a heartbreaking experience that I don't know about, possibly Camila doesn't either?" He smiled and I laughed. "Yeah, and I've learned from them," I told him. "Well, are you going to tell me what happened," he asked and I sighed running my hands through my hair.

"Remember when I dated your uncle Jack?" I asked him. "Which one?" He asked. "Gilinsky," I simply stated and he nodded. "I tried dating him to move on from someone," I said. "Is that what you tried to do with uncle Nash too?" He laughed and I gave him a look. "We did not date, we just had something going on," pointed out and he chuckled.