Chapter two

"Mom!" Camila yelled from the opposite aisle causing and old women to stare. "It's just my daught-" I trailed off before looking away from her. "Stop yelling!"I yelled back. "Sorry about that," I told the old lady politely. "It's ok, it happens to all of us," she laughed and I smiled.

"Why would you tell me to stop yelling when you just yelled?" She asked coming back with boxes on her hands. "What's this?" I asked, referring to the boxes. "Just a few snack for home," she shrugged. "I'm fine with just one or two boxes but this is just too much," I sternly said and she groaned before storming off.

"She has her father's eyes," the old women said and I raised an eyebrow, confused by her comment. "How did you know?" I asked. "She doesn't have your eyes so I just assumed," she said and I nodded my head. "You're right, she does have her fathers eyes," I smiled.

"If your going to dis everything I want to get, can I just go wait in the car?" She complained, for what felt like the millionth time today. "No, now push the cart," I told her and she sighed before doing so. "Have I ever told you I wanted to be a singer," she asked following me as I walk to the freezer section. "Yes, quite a few times actually. And Natasha keeps telling me to put you in some professional singing classes," I told her and her face lit up. "Seriously? She squealed. "Yes," I smiled.

"Did I tell you that I got a solo in choir?" She said excitedly. "No, but congratulations," I smiled rubbing her shoulder before turning my attention back on the meat. "I'll be sure to come see you," I said. "You said that last time and missed it. You got lucky that I told Uncle Taylor to come video record me so you could see," she reminded me. "But I mean it this time," I said glancing over my shoulder before picking up another package. "Promise?" She questioned. "I promise," I smiled at her, putting the meat into the cart before wheeling it away.

I missed her concert because I had a photoshoot. I work as a photographer for Natasha magazine company. I was literally broke before she offered me the job. I could barely support Camila back then. But everything's different now.

We walked over to the self checkout, after we had found the rest of our items. We wheeled the cart into the parking lot to put the groceries in the car. After we were done, I sent Camila to put the cart away before driving home. We pulled up to the house and walked inside yelling that we were home. There was no response.

"Put these away," I told Camila, handing her the bags before walking all over the house looking for them. "What's wrong?" Camila asked once I came back into the kitchen. "They aren't home," I answered her, dialing Carter's number. "So, they are pretty famous. I would expect them to be out partying," she said putting away a few boxes. "Yeah, but they usually don't work weekends," I said. After waiting for a minute, I knew he wasn't going to pick up. "Where the hell are they?" I mumbled to myself.

"How come your allowed to curse and I'm not?" She asked leaning against the counter. I looked up from my phone to look at her, raising an eyebrow. "There are so many ways to answer that question. You are just so young, and I don't want you to be influenced by people. I want you to get a good job and live a clean life," I explained. "Besides, hell isn't even a bad word," I said walking over to put away what's left of the groceries. "So does that mean I can say it?" She asked. "No, that doesn't mean you can say it," I smiled and she rolled her eyes. My phone rang and I checked it to see Matt's caller ID.

"Hey Matt," I said. "Can you please come to the hospital?" He asked nervously. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked causing Camila to look up. "Ayo's going into labor and I'm freaking out!" He exclaimed. "You act like you haven't done this before. Just do what you did last time with Holden," I suggested. Holden was their first kid before they were even engaged and all that. After I gave birth Ayo got pregnant, it's not that complicated.

"Well, I'm not used to this so please just get here," he quickly said worriedly. Before I could answer he hung up, I let out a frustrated sigh before beginning to gather my things again."Whats going on?" Camila asked opening a box of cookies. "Ayo is going into labor and Matt needs me there, so make sure you lock up when I leave," I told her. "Why can't I go with you?" She asked and I shook my head. "I'll be back in a few hours," I said kissing her forehead. "Lock up," I pointed a finger at her as I walked out the door.

I got into my car and began to drive to the hospital. When I got there I walk into the emergency room and saw everyone there. "This explains why you guys weren't at the house," I sighed relieved that something might have happened. "No Kat, this isn't the reas-" Natasha began but Matt interrupted. "Lets go," he said and dragged my down the hall and into the room. I watched as Ayo laid in bed wincing.

"Ayo, how are you doing ?" I asked walking over to her and held her hand as she squeezed it tightly. "I'm doing fine so far. It doesn't hurt as much as it did with Holden," she said breathing through the pain. "Remember, you can do this," I told her and she nodded her head. I looked behind me and saw Matt nibbling away at his finger nails.

"What are you doing just standing there? Come help your girl out!" I exclaimed as he quickly walked over to the opposite side of her. "Everything's going to be ok," he said, wincing as she roughly squeezed his hands. "Now that your here," she smiled up at him. "Ouch," I chuckled.

"Don't make me laugh, it makes the pain even worse," she said wincing again. "Oh trust me I know," I said.
__
"Awe, look how cute he is," I cooed over baby Mason. "He has my brown eyes and hair," Ayo smiled, tears beginning to fall down her cheeks. "I don't know how Holden got those plump lips and blue eyes," I said laughing lightly. "Probably from my dad's side somewhere," Matt chuckled slightly.

"Oh, did you hear?" Ayo asked looking up at me with a smile as she gently rocked Mason. "Hear what?" I asked. "Matt told me that Holden has a little crush on Camila," he smiled. "Well, they consider themselves cousins but they aren't really cousins so I guess I'm ok with that," I shrugged smiling. "But don't tell her that cause Holden doesn't even know that I know. He told Matt that he can't tell anyone," she said glaring at Matt. "What? With you as a wife, you can read me like a book and know I'm hiding something," he defended.

"I'm not mad, but I'm just saying that he's going to find out one day that you told someone," she laughed and he just shrugged. "Whatever," he said and carefully took Mason out of her arms. "You did it," I squealed to Ayo and she laughed. "I know, I just kept saying what you always told me," she smiled causing me to smile. "Just remember that it's all worth it in the end."