Chapter ten

"Let's go everyone," I called opening the door to my car. We planned on going out today since my mom was going somewhere her friends and I didn't want to be anywhere near her right now. It's my choice if Camila gets to know her father or not. Cameron doesn't get to decided, my mom doesn't get to decide. I get to decide because I'm her mother and I've been with Camila all her life.

"Mom, Holden doesn't want to go with us," Camila came out and told me. I sighed before texting Ayo to deal with his son so we could get going. We've been in the house for two days now and it would be nice for all of us to spend time together.

"Just get in the car, I'm sure everyone will be out in a minute," I told her declining a work call. I already knew what it was about. It was just them calling in every hour to remind me.

"I'm riding with Cameron," she told me and I looked up from my phone. "Cameron? I mean, yeah go ahead and ride with him," gave her a slight smile before forcing myself to look down at my phone again.

Natasha came out and got in the passenger seat. "You need to tell your assistant to stop calling me, I'm working on getting her back," I told her and she gave me a confused look.

"What are you talking about?" She asked and I bit my lip.

"Did no one tell you Cassandra quit?" I asked and she shook her head as her eyes widened. "What the hell?" She shouted getting out of the car and slamming it behind her. I watched her go behind a few bushes and yell into her phone.

"Mom, are you mad that I am spending more time with Cameron than I am with you?" Camilla asked. I had forgotten she was still in the car. I wouldn't say I was exactly jealous, I was more concerned aboutr how she would react if he told her he was her father.

"What? Honey, I'm fine with you spending sometime with Cameron," I lied. She should be able to know her father though. My thoughts are everywhere lately and I can't choose if my mom is right or I am right. But she deserves to know Cameron.

"Really? You seem kind of upset," she pointed out and I laughed slightly.

"If you want to hangout with Cameron you can hang out with him," I told her. I can't choose who she wants to hang out with unless it was someone I totally disapprove of. Like her so called friend Blair for example.

"Mom-" she began but I stopped her.

"Honey, it's ok. I'm not jealous, just think of him as another one of your uncles," I told her and she groaned.

"Why do I have so many uncles? Like seriously, they can't all be your brothers. And that would mean I only have two aunts and they aren't even your sisters," she told me.

"DNA doesn't make us family. It's how we care about one another that makes us one," I told her. "Cheesy much?" She chuckled and I gave her a look.

"Get the hell out of my car," I told her and she laughed before getting out and walking back into the house.

"DNA making us a family, that was pretty cheesy," Hayes said popping up from the trunk, scaring have to death.

"What the actual fuck?" I said my breathing getting heavier. "Hayes, why are you in my car? I thought you were sharing a room you Taylor and Savannah?" I asked and he gagged.

"Taylor and Savannah are being disgusting and I couldn't sleep because of them so I came in here," he explained.

"How did you get in my car?" I asked and he gave me a cheesy smile. "I used your extra key," he told me and I gave him a confused look. "I don't have an extra key," I told him.

"I think I made a copy of it then," he told me. "That's some creepy shit, on so many levels," I told him and he shrugged.

"And ever since me and Penny broke up, I've been using your car to go to all night clubs and stuff," he told me.