Chapter three

I began walking out of the hospital since I couldn't find Carter or Natasha anywhere. I unlocked my car when I got close but stopped in my tracks when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. It was a voice I could never forget. I got scared for a second until getting even more frightened. It's not possible.

"Katherine!" The voice got closer. The more closer it got the faster my pulse raced. I wanted to run to my car and drive off but I couldn't, I was too caught up in the moment to even move. An arm turned me around to face them. "Katherine," he smiled.

"Cameron?" I asked blinking to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and he nodded. He didn't look different. His hair was longer and his beard looked like some girl hadn't shaved for a month. He was more muscle built, but other than that he was the same old Cameron. "Get away from me," I pushed his arm off my shoulder and dashed for my car.

"Katherine!" He called but I had already drove off. I fought the urge to turn around and run him over. No one mentions Cameron ever, or at least when I'm not in the room. Since he decided to shut everyone out from ever seeing him, I just moved on. I'm not in love with Cameron and I don't think I'll ever be again. I'm over him and I'm done with him. I parked in the drive way and quickly walked inside.

"Hey mom!" Camila smiled from the kitchen, but it quickly faded when she saw me. I wasn't sad over Cameron, I was scared. I couldn't explain it. "What's wrong?" She asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat and quickly locked the door. "Why wasn't the door locked?" I asked and she shrugged.

"From now on make sure the door is always locked, even when some one is home and especially when your home alone," I said and she nodded. "Okay, okay," she said. "What's wrong? Is Ayo ok?" She asked. "Ayo is fine. Everything's fine," I said calming my voice down and faking a smile. "Okay," She said almost as a question. "Oh and some guy came over looking for you," she said and walked upstairs. I lightly whimpered before grabbing my phone to call Natasha.

"Katherine," she said once she answered. "Look, I'm freaking out," I said pacing from the living room to the kitchen. "Guess who stopped me in the parking lot," I said. "Cameron," she quickly answered afterwards. "What?" I questioned. "Cameron was released last night," she sighed. "What? Why? He was suppose to be released in a few months-" I rambled. "Nash went to bail him out," she quickly interrupted. "Why would he do that?" I began to sob. "Katherine don't cry," she said but I hung up before she could even finish.

"Mom?" Camila asked and I looked up at her. "Yes," I said trying to wipe my tears. "Are you ok?" She asked and I nodded. "Just go to your room, we can have a mother-daughter trip tomorrow. Go out of town or something," I suggested and she nodded. "I'll go pack," she said and walked back upstairs. Tears fell as I sat on the door. I was more hurt than scared. Seeing Cameron made me want to just slap him. I didn't feel any attraction towards him, more disgust. Their was a twist on the knob and then a knock on the door.

I hesitantly looked through the peephole and saw Carter. I sighed with relief before unlocking the door and pulling him into a hug. "I'm so glad you're here," I said. He slowly wrapped his arms around me, closing the door behind him. "What's going on? Why was the door locked if your here with Camila?" He asked. I looked up at him and his facial features softened. "You know that Cameron got released," he breathed and I nodded.

"There is nothing to be afraid of," he said shaking his head as I began to pace again. "I'm more angry than afraid. More hurt than sad and frightened than afraid," I explained. "I've talked to him, he's the same Cameron we know and love," he said softly. "I do not love him!" I shouted. "I'm scared of him. What if one day he snaps and hurts someone again," I sobbed, Carter started shaking his head stepping closer to me.

"I know before was an accident but what if something happens to anger him again and he does something to kill someone. Just think about the possibilities Carter," I said backing away, interrupting him before he could talk. "I will reassure you Kat that he would never do that. It's Cameron we're talking about, you know him," he said trying to convince me that Cameron was the same guy he was before.

"I don't know him. That Cameron is the one I don't know. I've thought long and hard about this in the past," I said gritting my teeth. "I understand that you on edge but just give him a chance to talk to you," he said softly. "No, I never want to see him again and I can't believe Nash would even do that," I said shaking my head as tears blurred my vision.

"They are still best friends of course he would bail him out. He's been saving up to bail him out," he sighed. "He saved up one million dollars just to bail him out? Why couldn't he have just waited until he's suppose to come out? I can't take this anymore," I said slowly. He pulled me into a tight hug as I cried into his shoulder.

"Mom?" I heard Camila say and I looked up to see her at the top of the stairs. "Who's Cameron?" She asked and I shook my head looking down at the floor beginning to cry again. I know Cameron deserves to know his daughter but I could never let that happen. The more I think about it the more I just want to kill him. "No one important," I said. "I wish you would stop lying to me," she snapped and ran back up to her room.

"Camila!" I called but Carter pulled me back. "Let her be, we have to go somewhere," he said and I shook my head. "The last thing I want to do right now is go anywhere," I said and he shook his head. "You really have no choice," he quickly interrupted. "What about Camila?" I asked. "She can stay here," he said and I nodded. I walked upstairs and knocked on her door.

"Go away," she mumbled. I sighed before opening her door. "Did you hear what I just said?" she snapped. "Look, I don't want you to leave this house, ok. And it's not because I'm punishing you it's because I want to keep you safe ok," I explained and she rolled her eyes. "I know you're upset right now but I promise, I will explain everything to you," I cried and she looked up at me. "Ok mom," she said softly and I nodded.

"Hey," I heard and looked over my shoulder to see Holden. "Thank goodness you're here Holden, please make sure she stays home and make sure the door is locked. I mean it ok," I said wiping my tears that had fallen. "Of course aunt Katty," he nodded and I walked out.

"Ok let's go," I said and we walked out locking the door behind us. We started driving and it didn't take very long to get to where we were going. "Nash's house? You're really taking me to Nash right now!" I shouted causing him to flinch. "Kat everyone is here. Ok," he said and I scoffed before getting out of the car and slamming the door shut. I walked inside his house fighting the urge to smash every damn vase I passed by.

"Hey Kat," Nash came up to me once I entered the kitchen and I couldn't control my anger. I slapped him as hard as I could. "What the hell!" he yelled. "How could you! How could you do this when you knew how I felt towards Cameron. You knew every little feeling I had about him. You knew I wanted nothing to do with him!" I growled. "He's still my best friend Kat," he said softly rubbing his cheek which was now turning a deep shade of red.

"Does it seem like a give a fuck!" I yelled. "I had to leave my best friend after she had her baby, which was one of the happiest moments of my life to be greeted my someone who so deserved to go to hell," I said through gritted teeth. "Kat you need to calm down. Cameron isn't dangerous," Natasha said standing up. "Tell that the fifteen years of prison," I growled.

"Nash you're out of toilet paper," I heard someone chuckle. I looked over to see Cameron, looking different from when I saw him in the parking lot. His hair was cut and styled into a quiff, his face shaved looking as smooth as the marble flooring I'm standing on.
__
Hope you like the chapter. It took an hour and a half to write considering its one am.

I have something to do tomorrow and my grandma wanted me to go to sleep early but it's not that important so why bother.

IDGAF

BYE