Chapter twenty

We pull up to my house and immediately get out of the car. I've missed my mom but I feels good to be back in California. I opened the trunk and started to unload our luggage. "I'll get that for you," I heard Cameron say behind me.

"I got it," I told him but he took both the suit cases I was holding and began walking to the front door. I looked into the passenger seat to see Camila still sound asleep. "Hey we are here," I shouted loud enough for her to hear through the glass window, I see her flinch from me waking her. I walk up to the house to see it was unlocked from Cameron and stepped inside. It's going to be hard to break such big news to her just after we got back. I don't want her to go from happy to hating me forever.

"Mom, Blair wants me to sleepover. Can I go?" I hear Camila ask from behind me.

"We just got back, can't it wait?" I questioned her.

"Well it's her brothers birthday and she doesn't want to be there alone. Please I'll be back first thing tomorrow morning," she pleaded. For a second I though about letting her go because it would be easier for me to wait a it longer but I know if I don't tell her now I might not be able to at all.

"Your mom said no Camila, you should start to listen to her more," Cameron told her coming from a separate room.

"Why should I even listen to you? Who do you think you are my father?" Camila spats with an attitude. My throat goes dry at her words and I look back at Cameron not knowing what to say or do. Now was the right time to tell her, I didn't want to keep this secret going any further.

"Come into the living room now. You too Cameron," I told them beginning to walk to the room taking my jacket off and preparing for what I have to say. I paced the room and quickly sat down when I saw them come through the door frame.

"What's wrong Katherine?" Cameron asked as he sat next to me placing a hand on my thigh. I looked over at Camila and she had a concerned look on her face.

"There's something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time now, but I haven't had the nerve to just say it," I said looking into her eyes.

"Are we doing this now?" Cameron whispered into my ear and I nodded. I knew he was waiting for this moment since the day he met Camila. Hopefully she handles this well and turns this day into one of the happiest days of his life.

"Have you ever occurred to who your father was?" I asked her and she gave me a confused look. Camila has never been interested in know who her father was, she never asked about it so I thought she just didn't care.

"To be honest I always thought Carter was my dad, but I was just waiting for you to tell me. Is this what you're talking about?" She asked.

"Sort of, baby I just don't want you to be mad at me for keeping this from you for so long," I told her and she just gave me a blank stare.

"What your mom is trying to say is, I'm your dad," Cameron said hesitantly causing her mouth to fall open slightly. My biggest secret was finally out and now was the time to face what she would say to me.

"Why did you keep this from me? If you had told me sooner everything would've been fine. But now, Cameron's been here for months and you are just now telling me," she complained.

"I just didn't want you to be upset like you are now," I told her but she cut me off quickly.

"Well I am upset! You are the closest person to me and I didn't expect you to lie to me," she shouted.

"Stop yelling at her, no matter what she still your mom and she's been scared of telling you this for a long time and you are making everything she's afraid of come true," Cameron told her sternly, as I stared at the ground.

"You been my dad for officially ten seconds now which doesn't mean you can start bossing me around," she says getting up and walking out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Cameron shouts after here but she only responded with slamming the door. "I'll go after her," he told me but I grabbed his arm to stop him from going anywhere.

"I knew this was going to happen, I should've just told her the first time she ever met you," I told him letting the warm tears fall from my eyes. What hurts most was that I am the closet person to her and now if she couldn't trust me, who could she trust?

"This isn't your fault, she doesn't know how hard it's been for you. If anything it's my fault," he told me which ached my hear even more.

"No it's all my fault, I've been here for all her life once I knew she was ready I should've told her instead of being selfish," I told him wiping the from under my eyes. Cameron pulled me into a hug and let go running out of the room. I've been dreading this moment so long and now the only thing I'm scared of is losing her. Other than my mom, she's the only family I have left and she's my whole world. We've never had serious problems, only minor ones like clothes or going out with friends. But this is an entirely different situation and I didn't know how I was going to handle it.
*
JUST TO LET YALL KNOW IVE BEEN MAKING THE CHAPTERS A BIT SHORTER BC ITS TAKES A WHILE TO WRITE CHAPTERS AND I FEEL BAD FOR NOT WRITING IN SOOOOO LONG.

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS BOOK MORE INTERESTING. SO IF YALL GOT ANY REQUESTS ILL BE HAPPY TO TAKE THEM.

THANK LOVES<3