Chapter nineteen

We flew into a place that I recognized. My home for the last fifteen years of my life that change me in so many ways. In ways it reminded me of Florida. The palm trees, the beaches. I'm going to miss it.

"Deep in your thoughts?" Johnson asked causing me to chuckle.

"Oh Johnson, you know me so well," I said as we exchanged smiles. I looked around and saw everyone was fast asleep. Camila was in the back leaning her head on Nash as she was sleeping. "I need to talk to you about something," I told Johnson and he looked my way.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'm in love with you," I teased him.

"Wait what?" He asked causing me to laugh.

"I'm just kidding," I giggled and he pushes my forehead back against the seat.

"Wow, really mature aren't you Kat," he chuckled.

"But seriously, I do have something to tell you," I told him.

"Yes I'm listening, better not be another joke or else I'm not ever talking to you again," he said.

"So dramatic. But I've only talked about this with Natasha and she didn't really tell me what I needed to do. I need someone to tell me an exact answer so it won't be so difficult," I explained.

"Okay, but first you have to tell me what you're talking about," he chuckled.

"It's about Cameron and Carter. But this is so ridiculous I feel I'm in high school again, I don't know why it has to be like this," I told him.

"You have to be mature Kat. I know you aren't one to take things seriously but we are older now and we have to grow up," he told me.

"Yeah I get that but tell em what I should do. Should I pick Cameron or Carter?" I asked.

"Kat, you know I can't decide that for you. It's your love life, your choice. You can't revolve this one decision on me deciding for you. You have to choose which one you want to be with," he told me.

"I feel like I've been having this conversation for so long. I just want to move on," I told him.

"Than move on. I know that some place inside you knows the answer to your questions already but your too scared to admit it," he tells me.

"Very wise Johnson," I told him and he smirked turning this attention back onto his phone. He was right, I already knew who I wanted to pick. It was just so hard to move on from the person that's been with me my entire life.

I have so many new changes I want to make in my life. Once we land into California, I knew I was going to tell Camila who her father was. I was going to run into the arms of who I loved the most. And move on from all my problems. I realized that the only thing holding me back from being happy is me.
*
We walked into the hot air airport and walked to get our luggage. All I wanted to do was get things over with a take a nap.

"Mom, Holden and I want to go to the cafe can we borrow some money?" Camila asks and I quickly hand her some money. I hope she doesn't hate when all of this goes down today.

"Carter, can I talk to you?" I asked him and he nodded leading us over to a bench. "I know this isn't what you re wanting to here and I'm sorry," I told him.

"Yeah I kind of figured you were going to pick him," he told me with a smile.

"I'm so sorry Carter. I really wish it was you but it isn't," I told him with a sympathetic look.

"It's okay, I'll move on eventually," he told me with a smile. "I just want you to be happy, that's always been my main goal in life and if Cameron makes you happy than I guess I succeeded." I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into a hug. He's always been so understanding and kind. He would never say anything he would regret. He's my best friend and he will always be.

"That is exactly what I needed to hear. Especially after today, my life is probably going to change forever," I told him with a sigh, pulling away from his embrace.

"What do you mean?" He asked with a confused look.

"I finally decided to tell Camila who her dad is," I told him. It's been too long and waiting longer is just going to make her think that we were trying to hide it from here forever.

"You're doing the right thing. Do you want me there?"  He asked.

"No, Cameron is going to be there. It's between us, I feel like if anyone else was there it would create a bigger problem than it already is," I told him. I wouldn't mind carter being there but me and Cameron are her parents. All these emotions could go through her mind when I break it to her and I'd rather deal with it as a family.

"Well good luck, this is one of the times where I wish she was our kid instead of you and Cameron's," he tells me.

"Carter," I sigh but he cuts me off quickly.

"I know what you are going to say, I don't want to hear it. It's just how I feel that's all," he tells me than walks over to Taylor and Hayes. I understand what Carter is feeling right now, I've known him for as long as I remember and I left him for a boy I have to even known for a year until he was sent away. I always tell myself that I've made a mistake getting involved with Cameron, it doesn't feel like one. Carter is an amazing guy and I've always pictured myself getting married to him and having his kids. Funny how the universe works.