Chapter fourteen

cameron\\
I don't have a ride or a place to stay, I'm sure Carter has told everyone what an asshole I am. I should t be welcomed in a home I clearly don't belong in. I walk on the beach and see many families and couples together, they seem so happy and all I've ever wanted was to be like them. I see a familiar face sitting on the sand and approach them to get a closer look. "Camila?" I asked noticing her tear stained face.

"Cameron, what are you doing here?" She sniffled wiping away her tears. It had been such a coincidence we ran into a each other. It must be a father instinct to know you child is okay, I didn't want her to be roaming around by herself.

"I could say the same for you," I replied taking a seat beside her. According to the current state she was in, I knew something was wrong. I hate to see her cry but I didn't want to force her into telling me. "What's wrong?" I asked wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Not something I would like to talk about right now. Maybe my mom will tell you because that's all she is good at. She runs away from her problems then gossips about them later like it is a rumor," she tells me. It hurts to hear her speak so poorly of her mother when I know she truly is the greatest.

"Your mom is one of the greatest. I haven't know her all my life but it's just enough to notice what a true blessing she is," I told her and she looked at me.

"That's hard to believe," she tells me and I feel my heart break a little at her words.

"What do you mean?" I asked and she just chuckles.

"A good mom would tell me everything. I have had enough with all this protective bullshit," she exclaims and I laugh at her outburst.

"Hey don't say that, I can't have your mother be on me about her daughter using that type of language," I chuckled.

"I just want my mom to be my best friend. I don't want that type of relationship where I have to push her away. I want to be able to tell her things and talk to her in the most comforting way, but it isn't like that," she explains.

I hate to hear her say she isn't comfortable around her mother when she is all Camila has right now. I wish I could be the father figure I want to be towards her but I know Katherine wouldn't allow it. "Maybe you could make a change in that," I suggested.

"Believe me, I have tried so many times to make things work between us and it hasn't gone anywhere. It's as if she doesn't want things to change because I know she will just run away from it until things go her way," she told me.

"I know how you feel, there is something I've been wanting to tell her since I've been back. But she pushes me away and leaves me heart broken," I told her not thinking about what could slip out of me.

Being in Camila's presence was enough for me to slip up. As much as I wanted to tell her I couldn't. As much as I want to disobey Katherine, I couldn't because she is the love of my life and I want her to be happy with whatever decision she makes. "What is it? Is it that you still love her?" She ask sand I slightly smile. She has the same sparkle in her eyes Katherine does when she is curious.

I just nod going with what she says, not wanting to upset Katherine more than I have. I know I should be the man and just tell her but I knew she would find her way around her problems. "So what made you come to the beach? There are so many other places and I think everyone is still at the cafe," I asked changing the topic.