Chapter four

I let out a breath before quickly walking towards the front door. I didn't care for what he had to say. I know in the past that I would have done everything for Cameron, but he shut us all out. The more I think about it, the more he started scaring me.

"Katherine stop," Carter said grabbing my shoulders and pulling back into the kitchen. "Carter stop, I don't want to talk to him," I whispered to him so no else could hear. "You're going to have to talk to him sooner or later, might as well just start now. We're not in high school anymore. We have to be adults about this. Stop running away," he told me pulling me into a tight hug.

I knew I needed to talk to him. Work things out so I don't keep avoiding him all my life. But right now just wasn't the right time. I'm not ready for closure yet. We pulled away and he pushed me towards him. I looked back at him giving him a dirty look before looking forward, flinching as Cameron stepped closer to me.

"Kat, I'm not going to hurt you," he said slowly stepping closer. "I didn't know if I believe you," I said. "I'm still the same Cameron that you know," he told me and I shook me head. "Kat just let me explain," he said placing his hand on my shoulder but I pushed it off backing away a little. I looked over to the rest of the group and they looked invested in what was going to happen.

"I'm not ready for this," I mumbled and walked towards Carter. Putting my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. We weren't dating and I have no feelings for him. I love him but I'm not in love with him. He's just always been there for me when Cameron wasn't. He was like a father to Camila and she knew that. He knew that.

"Come on," Carter motioned Natasha and I could hear her walk over. We walked out and we got in our cars. "I'm sorry, I thought this would be a good idea, just to end things between you two on a good note," he explained and I nodded my head. "It's was a good idea, just not the right time," I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder as he drove.

We got to the house and saw Kian sitting on the front porch. I saw Natasha get out showing no emotion as she took her keys out. We got out and rushed over to her.

"Right now isn't a good time," she told him. "Well when is it a good time? We need to talk," Kian asked and she shrugged rubbing her arm. Camila opened the door and we walked inside. "Are you coming?" I asked Natasha and she nodded, looking back at Kian before walking inside.

"Give her time," I told him and he nodded walking down the driveway. "Where are we going for the trip?" Camila asked typing away at her phone. "What trip?" Carter asked. "Mom said that she was taking me on another mother daughter trip," she told him and he looked at me.

"Really? You're running," he told me and I shrugged. "I just need to get away. You and Natasha can come to. We're leaving tomorrow morning," I suggested and he sighed. "Katherine, you need to talk to him," Carter told me. "Talk to who?" Camila asked. "Someone who has been a real jerk to me," I told her and she gave me a confused look.

"Just go pack," I told her. "Holden already helped me," she said. "Then just hang out with him for awhile then later I'll take you to go see Ayo," I suggested and she nodded before running back up the stairs.

"Holden's here?" Carter asked and I nodded. "You seriously trust them alone in the house together?" He exclaimed. "What do you think they would do?" I asked. "I don't know, stuff that they shouldn't be doing," he raised his voice. "Carter, their fifteen," I told him. "I was horny at that age," he raised his voice. "Carter they are upstairs," I scolded him.

"She's too young to date," he told me. "Ugh, stop being such an Asian parent," I groaned walking away. "It's for her own good," he called out to me.

Camila P.O.V
"I can't believe them, they think we have something going on," I laughed walking away from the door. "Oh please," he chuckled. "My mom has been keeping stuff from me," I sighed sitting on the bed with him.