Chapter Thirty-Four - Journey to Ba Sing Se Pt. 1: The Serpent's Pass

Start from the beginning

"Hi," Smellerbee said.

"Hello," Zuko said coldly

"Where's your boyfriend, the Water Tribe paranoid?" Jerk asked.

"He's not my boyfriend and we split up," Iris said angrily getting off her stance glaring daggers at him.

"Here's the deal, I hear the Captain eats like a king while we refugees eat all these scraps. Doesn't seem fair, does it?" Jet asked.

"What's short of King is he eating like?" Iroh asked.

"The happy, fat kind," Jet answered.

"You wanna help us liberate some food?" Jet asked and then he looked at Iris "Same goes for you, Iris,"

Zuko dropped his bowl in the sea and he turned and looked at Jet answering "I'm in,"

Then Jet looked at Iris, waiting for an answer. "Fine," She answered coldly crossing her arms

__________________________________

"Um, four tickets for the Ferry to Ba Sing Se please," Aang said.

"Passports,"

"Um, no one told us we had to have passports," Aang said.

"Don't you know who this is, he's the Avatar!" Sokka said.

"Ah, I see fifty Avatars a day and by the way, not a very impressive costume," The woman said "Besides, no animals allowed, do I need to call security?" she asked threateningly.

"Um... that won't be necessary," Aang said.

"I'll take care of this," Toph from behind taking out the sign of the 'Flying Boar' and placing it in front of the old woman "My name is Toph Beifong and I'll need four tickets," Toph said.

"Oh! The sign of the Flying Boar! It is my pleasure to serve anyone of the Beifong family," The woman said bowing as he eyes widened.

"It is your pleasure. As you can see I am blind and these three imbeciles are my valets," Toph said indifferently making easier for the Bureaucrat to buy it.

"But the animal-"

"...Is my seeing-eye Lemur," Toph said strictly as Momo hopped on her shoulder.

"Well, normally it's only one ticket per passport but this document is so official...! I guess it's worth four tickets," The Bureaucrat stamped four tickets, that stood side by side, and Toph grabbed them...

"Thank you very much,"

________________________________

"Is there a problem?" Sokka asked, cold sweat dripping down his face.

"Yeah, I got a problem with you," And she pointed at him "I've seen your type before, probably sarcastic, think you're hilarious and let me guess, you're traveling with the Avatar," She said.

"Do I know you?" Sokka asked raising an eyebrow.

"You mean you don't remember me, maybe you'll remember this," The girl said as she drifted him closer and she planted a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Suki!" Sokka said and he hugged her tightly.

"Sokka, it's so good to see you!"

________________________________

"Look at this writing, so awful," Ying said.

"What does it say?" Toph asked.

"It says: Abandon Hope," Katara said reading it.