[if i ruled the world]

After the last balloon is used, Seokjin decides that everyone should go back to the hotel so that they could change before any of them get sick. Yoongi stands up and stretches out a bit. "You guys go ahead; I want to enjoy the sun a bit more." Ironically, the rain stops as soon as their battle ends and a rainbow is visible on the horizon.

    "Uh...I might stay with Yoongi hyung as well. I still want to take pictures." Jimin gets up and starts walking around on the mountain. He attempts to stand as close to the edge as possible and focuses his phone on the rainbow.

    "Then you're gonna need this," Namjoon tosses a portable charger at Yoongi and he catches it. "Keep your phone charged so when you guys are ready to go back, you can give Seokjin a call and he'll pick you guys up."

    "Don't be late for dinner! Make sure to look nice! You, of all people, should know this Yoongi! You're the one who planned this!" Seokjin's parental instincts kick in as he drags Namjoon and Hoseok by the arm. "We're gonna get ready now so then all we have to do is wait for you two."

    Yoongi chuckles. "Okay hyung. I wouldn't be late, even if the world was gonna end."

    "You're corny and lame," Hoseok exclaims before he turns away and saunters down the hill.

    Once the three boys leave the area, Yoongi paces around and looks at the island from different corners. He gains a different perspective each and every time and he's speechless by the simplicity of nature. Honestly, if he dies right in this very place, Yoongi wouldn't be angry at all; in fact, he'd be content. He's heard Jimin laugh all afternoon; he's spent the day with all of his friends—well, most of them; he's been happy all day. There are no regrets.

    Watching Jimin take pictures, Yoongi spots a butterfly on a bush nearby. He manages to get it to land on his finger. Smiling sadly, Yoongi talks to the butterfly. "Hi Taehyung. You decided to join us after all huh? You know who'd like to see you?" Looking up, he notices Jimin walking towards him, eyes fixated on the butterfly. "Look, Mochi. It's a butterfly."

    "I-it's beautiful," he whispers breathlessly as he carefully captures a picture of it. Trying not to scare the butterfly away, Jimin reaches out with his small hands and slowly, the butterfly walks onto his open palm. He covers the butterfly with his other hand and he feels the insect panic against his skin as it tries to escape.

    "Mochi. You gotta let it go."

    "No. I don't wanna let go; he'll fly away if I do. He'll leave me again."

    "Are we still talking about the butterfly or are we talking about something else?" Yoongi's voice hardens as he knows exactly who Jimin's talking about.

    His hard exterior crumbling, Jimin falls to his knees and sobs. "I just wish...I just wish he was here..."

    Kneeling, Yoongi grabs Jimin's shoulder and rubs it comfortingly. "I know Mochi. We all know..." Slowly, one by one, Yoongi pries Jimin's fingers open and the butterfly flies away towards the rainbow. "Shit, it's been hard on all of us and—"

    "I wish that day ended differently," Jimin mutters.

    Surprised, Yoongi stares at the younger boy with confusion written all over his face. He lets the boy cut him off because this'll be one of the very few times that he can talk to Jimin without worrying about any of the other boys interrupting. He doesn't want to ask any questions just in case that'll stop him from saying more.

    "If I could control time, I would freeze it right before The Rancher shoots any of them..." Jimin sighs. "But I can't, so if I could relive that moment, I would move faster. I would make noise, create a diversion. Anything to give time to Taehyung and Jungkook and Baekhyun. Time to run away; time to save themselves. I wouldn't care if I got injured. Hell, I wouldn't care if I died, as long as everyone in the world gets to experience this bundle of joy, the light of my life."