[coffee]

Jimin and Taehyung walk into a local coffee shop that they've visited ever since they moved to Seoul about two years ago. Once they find seats, Jimin stands up immediately and says, "I'll buy, my treat."

Taehyung stutters a bit. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's your brother's birthday after all. Besides, I already know what you want." Jimin winks and strides towards the cash register.

As Taehyung waits for Jimin to return, he scopes the entire coffee shop. He recognizes some of the regulars that come here on a daily basis and religiously live by caffeine-him being one of them; there are some people that come and go occasionally; then there are the tourists that decided to try something other than Starbucks. However, something catches Taehyung's eye in the back corner of the store.

A rather large gathering of men congregate in the back of the coffee shop, laughing and smiling. One of the guys stands up and gives some of them a hug as they depart.

Jimin comes back with a caramel macchiato for Taehyung and a latte for himself. Behind his back, he takes out a large chocolate cake. "The woman working the register remembered that it's your brother's birthday today and she gave this to me. On the house," he smiles, slightly embarrassed. "She told me the manager has been waiting for us to arrive today."

"Oh wow. That's really kind of them. I need to thank them later..." Taehyung responds a bit absentmindedly as his eyes drift back towards the group. He stirs his drink as he watches the group of friends enviously. His jealously grows as he finds out that the one standing up is celebrating his birthday.

In the distance, he can hear them sing, "Saranghaneun Jungkook..." Jimin pulls him out of his trance.

"Are you okay TaeTae?" He places his hand on top of Taehyung's.

Tae grimaces. "Yeah...it's just that that group over there is celebrating a birthday and today's Kookie's birthday... He would've been 21 today and I just wished he was here to enjoy it with me. I really miss him..." His lower lip juts out into a pout because he'd rather not cry in public.

Before Taehyung could say another word, a hand with a tissue is placed in front of his face. "Don't cry, especially on my birthday. I won't allow it."

Slowly, Taehyung's eyes move up towards the hand's arm, up the stranger's torso, to his neck, and finally lands on his face. The stranger's dark brown eyes crinkle at the edges as he smiles towards the younger boy. He's a very handsome boy with a grin that reminds Taehyung of a bunny. Still waiting for his response, the boy leaves his arm out with the tissue still in hand. "Oh, uhm sorry. I didn't mean to dampen your mood."

"No worries. You didn't but I just don't like seeing people sad. So as an incentive to be happy, it's my birthday." The stranger beams with a childlike essence that Taehyung couldn't help but smile sadly. "You're still not happy. Why aren't you happy?" His face contorts into one of concern.

"I...I..." Tae struggles to find the words.

"He got stood up," Jimin interjects.

Taehyung feels relieved for his best friend for saving him but at the same time, he's bitter about the excuse he came up with. "Yeah, for thirteen years now," he mutters.

"What was that?" The stranger's ears perk up in interest, still holding the tissue in his hand.

No where near accepting this back-handed, kind gesture, Taehyung quickly recovers. "I said I've been waiting for thirty minutes now. Still hasn't shown up." He stirs his half finished macchiato, losing the appetite and motivation to drink the rest of it.

"Oh really? I've been here for about an hour now. How come I didn't notice you?"

"Probably cause you were too busy celebrating your birthday."

He shrugs. "Maybe, but hey, whoever she was, it's her loss." He pats Taehyung on the shoulder while he nonchalantly shrugs this stranger's hand off.

"It's actually a guy," he glowers at this nosy stranger.

He raises his hands up in defense. "My bad. Didn't know you swing that way." Quick to change the subject, he sticks his right hand out and says, "My name's Jungkook, but everyone calls me JK."

Without shaking his hand, Taehyung states, "V."

Jimin kicks Taehyung in the shin underneath the table and he grinds his teeth to avoid making any noticeable signs of pain. To avoid an awkward situation, Jimin takes Jungkook's hand and shakes it. "And I'm Jimin; I'm his best friend."

"Well nice to meet you V and Jimin. Maybe I'll catch you guys again. Can't leave my guests waiting like this; that's rude." He starts backing up, sensing that he overextended his stay, and makes a quick getaway to his friends.

Once he's out of earshot, Jimin whacks Taehyung behind the head. "TaeTae! What were you thinking? Giving yourself a new name?" He chastises Taehyung for his spontaneous act.

"Mian!" Taehyung steals a glance towards JK who just so happens to be taking a side glance at him as well. He snaps his eyes back to Jimin's chocolate eyes. "I just don't trust that guy. Besides, it's not like we'll ever see him again. I mean, this is the first I've ever seen of him in this coffee shop. Plus, Seoul is such a big city that this was just a chance encounter."

"Still! You weren't being polite at all. He's your hyung. You need to respect him."

"What makes you think he's someone I should respect? Being all nosy like that." Tae crosses his arms over his chest, his stubborn persona kicking in.

"Well I'm your hyung and you should've been respectful."

Tae sticks his tongue out as a form of conceding. "Whatever. I just hope I don't ever have to see that guy again."

Jimin chuckles as he slices the cake. "Don't be bitter. It's his birthday."

---------------------------------------------