[embarrassed]

"I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry."

"Tae, it's okay, really."

"Hyung, but—"

Kookie cuts him off. "Seriously Tae, just let it go."

"I'm sorry for hitting your dick."

"Look, Tae, if we just ignore the fact that it ever happened, it doesn't exist," he grits through his teeth since the pain is still prevalent in his crotch area.

"I know, I know, but I just feel really bad, hyung." Tae is pacing the beach, wringing his hands as he tries to think of a way to make it up to his brother. "I didn't mean to. It's just that you walked up to me at the wrong time."

"Tae, really, just shut up or else I'll beat the shit out of you," Kookie teases.

However, in Tae's mind, it registers as a real threat and he cowers at the thought of his hyung disciplining him for a mistake. He quivers and his lower lip protrudes out. Kookie's eyes widen as he realizes his choice of words.

"I'm so sorry Taehyung. I forgot. Mian...mian haeyo." Jungkook rushes to his brother's side, forgetting his earlier pain, and takes Tae's head in both of his hands and presses it against his chest. "I didn't mean it. I was joking. I would never hurt you. I would never be like...like..." He chokes.

"Appa," Tae whispers. Mentioning him sends shivers down his spine.

Jungkook stares at his brother and just seeing him affected by words correlated with their father forms tears in his eyes. He wasn't there when Taehyung needed him most and he regrets every damn second of it, but what could he do? He caresses the small frame of his little brother and vows to never hurt him the way he did. I will protect him at all costs, Jungkook thinks, but then he immediately grimaces. What happens when Taehyung finds out the truth? Will he hate him forever? Will he wish that he was dead after all?

"Don't worry Tae. I'll be here for you." Jungkook gets up and drags Taehyung with him. "Now come on. I'm starving!"

After they ate dinner, they head on back home to Seoul. During the car ride, Taehyung looks out the window while Jungkook just twiddles his fingers. They talk about different things and just about life until they reached Seoul.

"Come on Tae, let's get you up to your apartment." Jungkook nudges the boy who fell asleep during the ride. "I would carry you, but you're not as light as you used to be so get up."

"Give me a couple more minutes," he whines. "I don't want the day to be over."

Kookie chuckles. "I know. I don't want it to end as well, but you're tired and so am I. We both have classes tomorrow, so you might as well get some rest."

"Well, do you want to at least stay for a bit? Maybe introduce yourself to Jimin?" Taehyung raises his head from Jungkook's lap.

"Why would I have to introduce myself to Jimin? I already met him." Jungkook looks at Taehyung with confusion.

"You have to reintroduce yourself! You know...as my brother..." he says sheepishly.

He smiles. "If that'll make you happy." Jungkook tells the driver that he'll just call for a cab to get home and generously tips him extra for going on today's spontaneous adventure. Both Taehyung and Jungkook head up to the apartment where they find a sweating Jimin still working on his choreography.

Jimin stops and waves at the two of them. "Annyeong! How're you TaeTae?" He smiles broadly and rushes towards the younger boy to give him a hug.

"I'm good. Actually, I'm great," Tae beams. "Jiminie hyung, I want you to meet Jungkook hyung."

He furrows his eyebrows. "I've met Jungkook already. Remember? At the coffee shop?"

Tae pulls on Kookie's hand. "You didn't let me finish. I want you to meet Jungkook hyung, my brother. Aka, Kookie," he smiles, embarrassed.

Jimin's eyes widen and he smiles almost knowingly. "Oh! I already—" But Jimin stops mid-sentence as he spots Jungkook signaling to not mention anything. Jimin nods. "Oh my god! Are you serious? This is crazy!"

Tae's eyes fill up with tears as he's overwhelmed with excitement and happiness. "I know right? Out of all the people, he's my brother. And just when I was about to give up too..."

"It's like fate or destiny. And you said you wouldn't see this man again." Jimin nudges Tae's shoulder. "I told you so TaeTae."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever Jimin. You got no jams anyways." He sticks his tongue out and his hyung reciprocates the action. "Anyways, I'm gonna take a quick shower. Could you start the kettle for some tea? I'll be back in a few."

Once Taehyung is out of earshot, Kookie comes up to Jimin and whacks him on the back of the head. "You almost blew your cover! Jesus Christ Jimin." He shakes his head.

"Mianhae! I couldn't help it! Seeing Taehyung happy makes me happy."

"I know. Me too, but we can't slip up." Kookie's eyes become clouded with concern. "I wonder if it was a good idea to tell you, but I need you for this plan to work. I've been planning this out for years now and I can't have it backfire on me."

Jimin takes Jungkook's hand in both of his little ones. "Don't worry! I'll help you make this happen. I'll do anything for Taehyung. He deserves to be happy." Jimin smiles sadly.

"I feel the same way, so we have to make sure this works out. Okay?"

"Okei. Got it." Jimin nods fervently.

Tae skips into the living room and pouts. "Hyung," he whines. "You didn't put the kettle on the stove yet!"

"Oh I'm sorry TaeTae. I was about to go do it." Jimin walks into the kitchen.

Jungkook walks around until he stumbles upon a wall filled with pictures and he laughs. "Are these photos of us when we were younger?"

Tae's cheeks turn bright red and he refuses to make eye contact. "Ye..." he mutters, extremely embarrassed and mentally face palming himself for practically making a shrine for the two of them.

"Can you show me all of them? Then you can tell me all about these ones." He points towards the ones of Tae and Jimin.

"Okay hyung!" Tae starts gushing about each picture that he doesn't notice the exchange of painful expressions between Jimin and Jungkook.

---------------------------------------------