Drip

Drip

Drip

I looked up the sky. It has began to pour.

Goddammit.

"I'll get going." I said and left without hearing their reply. Oh well, I couldn't care less.

However

I felt their claws dig into my arm.

What now?

I turned to them in anger.

Once we crossed eyes, the girl quickly let go of me and backed away, even bumping into Clarisse in the process.

"I don't lie when I said I will kill you."

———

When I reentered the forest I went through to exit the school, I saw the lamps that were dimly lit. They were lights installed because the Headmaster somehow knew I wasn't good with directions.

"Who are you?" I asked ahead as I felt another presence other than mine.

"Hawak ko ang posisyon na 'Ian', do you really not know?"

"How would I? Ayaw niyo ngang ipaalam mga identity niyo eh, mukha pa kaya."

"You know our faces too well, just dig deep in your memory. Surely, you'll find us familiar. After all, you sent us to Hell, our dear Empress. But I forgive and forget. Ngayon, hindi na ikaw ang centro ng problema instead, a bigger problem has risen."

"You're quite the hero. After being a villain for such a long time, now you want to switch sides, you have the audacity."

"The file, I mentioned. Alam mong nandoon kung ano talaga ang nangyari hindi ba? Kung bakit ganito ang mga nagagawa ng Untameds."

"It broke."

"He's that desperate, huh? Haha, so desperate, he sent the traitor right next to you and into his den." He kept laughing as he bid goodbye.

———

Hmm

Hmm

I feel like I'm going to get sick if I continue to linger in my wet clothes. Di bale, malapit naman ako sa bahay ni Ren.

I knocked on Ren's door. Bumungad saakin ang iritadong mukha nito.

"Naparito ka?" Walang gana niyang sabi. Tumango tango ako and pushed my way in, pushing him to the side in the process.

"I need a change of clothing and your house was the closest one I know so give me some clothes to change into." Sabi ko. Malakas niyang ibinalibag ang pintuan at padabog siyang pumunta sa kwarto niya. I stand there still. Bad mood si Ren, bakit kaya?

"Empress?" Rinig kong sabi ng isang babae. Lumingon ako dito at nakita si Raven.

"Hullo." I waved at her.

"Bakit basang basa ka?"

"The rain decided to pour down while I was taking a walk"

"And it results on you disturbing us, huh?" Meron siyang sinabi pero hindi ko narinig.

"Pakiulit." Sabi ko. Umiling ito at pumunta sa taas at nakasalubong niya si Ren na may dala dalang maliit na luggage. It was a luggage that Butler Chan must have sent to Ren incase I came to sleepover.

"Tolya?"

"Raven is grabbing it." Sabi ni Ren at umupo sa sofa na parang stress na stress.

"Empress, shower with hot water and don't play in the bathtub for too long.
Then after that go to your room and change with the clothes on the bed, capish?" Tumango ako and snatch the towel out of her hand while she grabbed the luggage and went into the room that was a room away from Ren's.

Pumunta na ako sa banyo and put a lot of bubble soap in the water. I turned on the water and went in.

So warm. I put soap on my head and bubbles trickled down my face. Meron akong narinig na kumatok.

"Bilisan mo diyan." Sabi ni Ren. Narinig ko naman ang papalayo nitong mga padyak. Bilisan daw, ha! Neknek niya.

"Izeiah! Naluto na ang champorado kaya kung gusto mong kainin ito habang mainit palang, lumabas ka na." Nagpantig ang tenga ko sa narinig. Inunplug ko na ang bathtub at tumayo na para hugasan ang mga sabon sa katawan ko. Daig ko pa ang malate sa school sa bilis kong magbanlaw ng buhok.

And finally after a minute or so, I can proudly say I'm fresh as a daisy. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me.

I went on my merry way, after that.

Just joking.

I sat cozily infront of the two who stared at me deadass.

"I will assasinate James tomorrow." I started and put a spoonful of the porridge into my mouth

I heard their movement stopped.

"What?" I asked with my brows raised.

"Gago, anong what? what? Naririnig mo ba ang sarili mo?"

"Empress, hindi lang ikaw ang killing machine ng Robinson, naaalala mo bang former din si James?"

"Yeah. I know." I nodded and put another spoonful of the champorado into my mouth.

"And..." Ren tried to stretch what I was going to say, so I complied.

"And my fiance is dying either way."

"What the fuc—fiance???!!!" They both yelled.

"Are you some kind of choir at on sync pa kayo? Seriously." Umiling iling na sabi ko.

"What do you mean fiance? Explain!"

"What do you mean either way? Elaborate!!"

Magkasabay nanaman nilang tanong.

"Tell me, what kind of choir are you a member of because you two are really good at it."

"Fiance? Akala ko si Qen lang?"

"Bakit dalawang fiance?"

"How are you two so good at this?"

"You're going alone?" Finally, iisa lang ang may tanong.

"Yes. You know how my partners have ended up. I officially closed their book."

"Izeiah, hindi na ako natatawa. Ano ba kasi plano mo?"

"I am, at the moment, incapable of pulling out the roots. So, I'm targetting the branches."