“So, you’re younger than him then?”

“By thirteen minutes.”

“Are you the only twins?”

“Yeah, you’re the only single, right?” he asks.

“Yeah, the odd one out,” I reply.

“Run me through your family,” he says, “who’s the oldest?”

“Michael,” I reply, “and his twin, Tyler. The there’s William and Edward, then Jason, Jacob and James, then Tristan and Jayden, then Oliver, Lucas and Samuel, then Noah and Nick and me.”

Fred lets out a long, low whistle.

“Damn,” he says, shaking his head, “and I thought my family was big.”

“There’s always a bigger fish,” I laugh, “do you like being from a big family?”

“Yep,” Fred nods, “I mean, I’ve never known any different, but I love having lots of older brothers.”

“What about younger siblings?”

“They’re okay,” he laughs.

“I always wanted a little sister,” I tell him, “you’re lucky to have Ginny.”

“Sometimes,” he chuckles, “she can be a handful, though.”

“Takes after you, then,” I grin. He throws me a wink.

“Someone had to raise her right,” he says, “if Mum had her way we’d all be well behaved.”

“What a shame that would be,” I laugh.

We walk into the village and I see Henry and Carma walking out of Honeydukes sharing a couple of lollipops.

“You want to check out Zonko’s?” I ask. Fred grins.

“Did you really think I’d say no to that?” he laughs.

We hang out in Zonko’s for a while and then my stomach growled loud enough to catch Fred’s attention.

“You hungry?” he asks.

“Nah, I’m okay,” I lie.

“I am,” he says, “let’s go to Honeydukes. What’s your favourite kind of sweet?”

“Uh, I don’t know,” I say, “I mean, you can’t beat chocolate, can you? But everyone says chocolate. What’s yours?”