49 | love me like you do

Edited: 10/04/2018

♡ Charlotte ♡

A couple of days after landing in London, it was time for Sarah and Callum's wedding. I wore a very pricey Alisija lilac dress and a pair of Carvela Kurt Geiger glory court shoes. I curled my lilac hair away from my face and then put on a cream floral hair garland. I paired my outfit with a jewelled clutch bag.

Before applying MAC Studio Fix Foundation, I moisturised my face and put on primer. I blended in my foundation with my trusty beauty blender. Following with some concealer, I also blended that in before baking my face with Laura Mercier translucent powder. While I let it set, I moved on to my eye makeup. I started my eye makeup with lining my top lash line with a black eye pencil and then smudged it out with my fingertips. I then took a pale brown eyeshadow and applied it into the crease of my eyelid, which I followed with a shimmery beige eyeshadow. I applied the beige eyeshadow onto the crease, dragging the colour down into the middle part of my eyelid. Then, I took a shimmery black eyeshadow which I smudged onto the top lash line, dragging it upwards on the lid. Smudging the beige shadow onto my bottom lash line was what I did next, also lining the waterline with a black eyeliner. To finish off the eyes, I applied false lashes, curled them and then I added a bit of mascara to the top lashes to make it look as natural as possible, adding a tiny bit of mascara to the bottom ones to make them a little longer. I brushed off the translucent powder with a brush, then moved on to contour and highlight. I used my Urban Decay NAKED Skin Palette. I used the contour and highlight on my cheekbones. Afterwards, I filled in my eyebrows, then highlighted the brow bone. Finally, I lined my lips with a nude lip liner, following with a matching nude lipstick, which was more on the pink side. Lastly, I put on a clear lipgloss to give it a glossy effect.

Lewis, Oliver and I got in the car and set off for the reception. We couldn't make the exchanging of vows as Oli had a doctors appointment. I felt horrible about not being able to make it, so being me, I went out of my way to say sorry by putting on a performance for her. But it wasn't performed by me, or by the girls. The performance was by the one and only, Ellie Goulding. I heard Sarah talking about not being able to get tickets, so what's better than performing privately at your wedding?

Once it was time for Ellie to perform, I took the microphone that was there waiting. "Hello everyone, if you don't know me my name is Charlie Airey and I'm one of Sarah's close friends. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the ceremony, which I felt terrible about, but I have a performance from someone very amazing as my way of saying sorry. I've also heard Sarah talking about this particular person so, Sarah, I hope you like it." I put the microphone back on the stand and smiled as Ellie came on to the stage. I hugged Ellie and she smiled at the crowd who was cheering. Sarah, however, looked like she was going to cry.

As Ellie began singing, Sarah ran over to me and hugged me. "I love you, Charlie."

"I love you too, Saz." I smiled, as Callum walked over and smiled, grabbing Sarah's hand to dance.

"You're the light, you're the night. You're the colour of my blood. You're the cure, you're the pain. You're the only thing I wanna touch. Never knew that it could mean so much, so much. You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high. Follow me to the dark, let me take you past our satellites. You can see the world you brought to life, to life." Ellie's voice was so soothing and every couple was dancing on the dance floor. Even Oliver and Jaycee were dancing together, which I found really cute. "So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do. Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do. Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do. What are you waiting for? Fading in, fading out on the edge of paradise. Every inch of your skin is a holy grail I've got to find."

Lewis and I were dancing together. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Simon dancing with a girl too.

"Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire. Yeah, I'll let you set the pace, 'cause I'm not thinking straight. My head's spinning around I can't see clear no more. What are you waiting for? Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (like you do). Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do. Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do. What are you waiting for? Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (like you do). Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (yeah). Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do. What are you waiting for?"

Lewis spun me around as Ellie hit the high note, which made me giggle.

"I'll let you set the pace 'cause I'm not thinking straight. My head's spinning around I can't see clear no more. What are you waiting for? Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (like you do). Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (yeah). Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do. What are you waiting for? Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (like you do). Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (yeah). Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do. What are you waiting for?"

As Ellie finished singing, Lewis looked me in the eyes. His brown eyes weren't just brown. They had specks of gold in, making them a trap for getting lost in them. I averted my eyesight before I got too lost, smiling at the happiness painted on Sarah's face as she spoke to Ellie.

"You're amazing, do you know that?" Lewis smiled, making me look at him. "You didn't have to get Ellie, but you did and, look at how happy Sarah is."

"It's just me," I replied.