𝟗

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑅𝐿𝑂𝑇𝑇𝐸 𝑀𝑂𝑂𝑅𝐸━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After getting through the first week, we never got five minutes to ourselves as we had to do so much better; we had to blow the crowd and judges away. This week we were working so hard and we never had a break, as we were constantly practising for our next performance. We were all so busy that I hardly had time to text Lewis. The only time I could text him was at night, which has made me really tired. It was affecting our relationship and I had to save it.

This week we were doing I'm Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado. It was love and heartache week, but we didn't want to do a ballad as we wanted to put our funkiness into it as Georgia said. We were wearing funky outfits, and I actually liked mine.

As we were waiting to go on, I received a text from Lewis: Good lucky baby, I love and miss you! You and the girls are going to smash it tonight! Lots of love, Lewis<3

I smiled and typed a quick reply before we were called to the stage.

Once we were ready, Lauren started singing. "You're beautiful, that's for sure, you'll never ever fade, woah."

"You're lovely but it's not for sure, that I won't ever change." Jasmine sang.

Georgia was next, "And though my love is rare,"

"Though my love is true, wo-wo-woah," I finished as we began to sing the chorus together.

"I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is. And baby all I need for you to know is, I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is..."

"All I need for you to know is..."

"It's not that I wanna say goodbye, it's just that every time you try to tell me, me that you love me, oh,"

"Each and every single day I know I'm going to have to eventually give you away-ay," I put my heart and soul into singing. Singing was my dream, and doing it with these girls was even better!

We sang the final verse together, joining as we stood next to each other. "I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is. And baby all I need for you to know is. I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is. I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is and baby all I need for you to know is. I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is. All I need for you to know is. I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away, I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is..." I hugged Lauren as we finished, smiling as the crowd began cheering.

It was time for the judges' opinions on the performance. "Well, girls. I'm so glad Tulisa saved you last week. That was fun. There's great chemistry, there's great energy with these girls. You're like the great, fun girls next door." As Louis spoke, we couldn't stop smiling! "I think girls are going to relate to you. Gary said you were the best girl band ever on X Factor, I have to agree with him. There's something – this could be the start of something big. You could be the next big UK girl band. I hope people vote."

"I'm so happy I chose that song for you because you absolutely smashed it," Tulisa told us, making the crowd cheer once again. "And let me just tell the people at home, that don't know, that can't see behind the scenes, what you see on that stage with these girls is what you get. It's real, they're real people, real women, young ladies that girls across the UK can relate to. They're not standing up there saying, we're gonna steal your boyfriend, they're standing up there saying we are women, let's unite and stand strong!"

"Ladies, you did such a great job tonight and I think you should be so proud. I do think that everyone at home should vote for you, cause I would love to continue to grow in this competition."

Gary finished off the judges' opinions. "Girls, fresh and exciting and you know the problem in the past with the X Factor is that all the girl bands try to be like the Spice Girls or like Girls Aloud. You are totally in your own lane and keep listening to Tulisa, she's guiding you really well. Well done everybody."

It was time for the results. "In no particular order, the first act returning next week is..." Dermot O'Leary said. "The Risk!" Tulisa hugged them, then we congratulated them too.

"Well done boys. Also through to next weeks show is Janet (Devlin). The third act safe and definitely returning next week is Craig." As Craig went around hugging everyone, Dermot continued saying the results.

"Also through to next week's show is Johnny!" He ran off the stage - after giving Louis (who was his mentor) a quick hug - ecstatic.

"Remember this is in no particular order. The fifth act through on the public vote is Misha B."

All of us, including Tulisa, were getting worried now; we all held hands. Were we going to break the curse of the girl bands or not?

"Also performing live again next week is Sammy." I could see in Tulisa's eyes that she was also worried about us.

"The next act still in the competition is...Rythmix!" We screamed, crying as Tulisa pulled us in for another hug.