𝟏

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑅𝐿𝑂𝑇𝑇𝐸 𝑀𝑂𝑂𝑅𝐸
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

My alarm went off, waking me from my sleep. It was another day of school, however, it wasn't just any school day; it was the leaver's assembly and our last official day of school. Reluctantly, I turned my alarm off, getting out of bed and grabbing my uniform from the side. I went into the bathroom, jumping into the shower to wake me up and get me set for the day.

Once I finished in the shower and had my uniform on, I stepped out of the bathroom to find my older brother there waiting. "You took your time," he groaned, pushing past me.

"Oh shut up, Jonnie," I retorted, going back into my room to style my hair and apply a little bit of makeup. After blow-drying my hair, I straightened it.

Once I finished my makeup, I grabbed my phone off of charge and put the charger in my bag just in case I needed it. After getting everything I needed, I swing my bag over my shoulder and headed downstairs.

As if on cue, the doorbell echoed throughout the house as I reached the bottom step. I answered it, knowing that my best friends, Freya and Lauren were here.

"Hey, we were wondering if you wanted to come bowling with us and the guys after school? You can sleep over mine if you like," Freya offered.

"Sure, I'll get my clothes after school," I smiled. "Bye!" I shouted to no one in particular, hearing muffled bye's from my parents, Jonnie and my little sister Caitlin.

We began walking to school which was a two-minute walk from my house. "You know, I heard that this year, you have to bring a date to prom otherwise you're not allowed in," Lauren told us.

"That's probably just a rumour," I rolled my eyes. There was no way our school would force us to bring a date to the prom.

"I heard the teachers talking about it," Freya added.

"If it is true, looks like I'm not going to prom," I laughed at my pathetic love life.

We finally reached the school, seeing the boys, Josh Bradley, Tobi Brown and Lewis Redman standing there waiting for us. Lewis and I weren't close so as Freya, Josh, Lauren and Tobi spoke we stood there awkwardly.

"It's our leaver's assembly today isn't it?" Lauren asked as the bell rang.

"Yeah," I answered. "They'll probably talk about prom and give the awards out."

We walked into the assembly hall and sat at the back, meeting the rest of our group. The boys were known around the school as The Sidemen and us girls were known as The Sidechicks.

Our head of year, Mrs. Smith, entered the hall and quietened everyone down. After the boring introduction, and going through pictures from when we were young to what we look like now, it was time for the awards. The part that everyone was looking forward to.

"The first award is for the most caring. The most caring award goes to Tobi Brown and Selena Wilson." We all cheered for Tobi, the boys bro-fisting him as he walked up to get the award. Mrs. Smith handed the two a box of chocolates and a certificate.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I got it out and read the message, trying not to get caught. It was Freya. She was sat too far away from me, which is why she was texting me.

BestieFreya💋: Lewis keeps looking at you😉xx.

I looked up at Lewis who was a couple of seats down from me. He wasn't looking at me, he was looking forward to his best friend collecting his award.

BestieCharlie💜: You're overreacting Frey, he's not😅xx.

The next award was being called out so I put my phone in my bag and put my legs up on Lauren, who I was sitting next to. "The best sportsman/woman award goes to Simon Minter and Lydia Edwards." They were both in our group so we all clapped. Again, the headteacher gave them a certificate and a box of chocolates. "The most hardworking awards go to Vikram Barn and Demi Morris."

"YES VIK!" We all cheered for Vik as he went up to get his prizes.

"The next award is the loudest and it's quite obvious as to who it is. Olajide Olatunji and Zara Williams."

Again we cheered. Most of these were from our group, and it wasn't surprising. We were known as the "popular group" in school. However, we weren't like the stereotypes; we were kind to everyone.

The next award was for the person most likely to win the X-Factor. "Sarah Close and Joe Sugg." Joe Sugg was a friend of ours, so as well as cheering on Sarah, we congratulated him as well. "The next award is very obvious. The couple most likely to get married: Freya Nightingale and Joshua Bradley."

I smiled at my friends, who both got up, holding hands. "I wish I had a relationship like theirs," I said to Lauren while clapping.

"Who knows, someone might have a crush on you," she winked and I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

The award for Freya and Josh was a little different this time. They got a certificate, a heart-shaped box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers.

"This award is for the best looking female and male. The winners are Charlotte Moore and Lewis Redman."

"Oi, Oi!" Our group cheered as Lewis and I hugged. We collected our award, then went back to our seats. That was the first interaction Lewis and I have ever had, we had never spoken or hugged before, despite hanging around in the same group.

"Funniest/cutest laugh goes to Ethan Payne and Jennifer Adams!" Ethan laughed again, making everyone else laugh. He had this contagious laugh that you had to laugh along with it.

"Nicest smile goes to Lauren McKenzie and Callum Airey." Mrs. Smith said, swiftly moving on to the final award. "So the next award is a group award for the best friendship group. Congratulations to The Sidemen and the Sidechicks!"

"Thank you, guys!" We all cheered.

***

"Also, there's been rumors going around that you have to bring a partner to the prom. This is true, but it's slightly different from an American prom; it has to be from this school," Mrs. Smith explained as everyone groaned. "We will see you soon at prom; stay safe. You're all dismissed."

Everyone got up and walked out of the hall. "Guys we'll meet you at the bowling alley in half an hour," Freya told Josh, Tobi, and Lewis. "We're just going to Char's quickly to change and everything."

"Okay. We're gonna get changed too. See you later," the boys told us.

We said our goodbye's then walked towards my house.

"The voting was good you know. I enjoyed it," I told Lauren and Freya, however, I still wasn't happy about bringing a date to the prom. But there was still one question ringing in my head: Who on earth would I bring from our year, in such a small amount of time?