35 | relaxing night in

Edited: 10/04/2018

Charlotte

It was about five months after the birth and everyone was absolutely smitten with him, especially Callum and Simon, which has brought them closer as friends or brothers-in-law. The two are always taking him out in the buggy, so I do get a couple of hours free time to hang out with the girls. I'm mainly losing the baby weight in the gym upstairs, while Simon and Cal look after Oliver. I work out with my trainer who comes over for two hours six days a week.

Today was my day off, so I was just going to relax. Freya and I were sitting in the living room watching Catfish (a/n: honestly, I'm obsessed with this show at the moment! It's so good!) while talking about random things. Freya and Josh have been married for half a year now; it's gone so quick! Simon and I still have no idea when we're going to get married, but we are so busy with Oliver at the moment, we haven't even spoken about it.

I heard the door open and close. After a couple of minutes, Simon came in holding Oli, who was looking so small next to his dad. Looking after a baby was not like I expected. I thought it was hard work, but once you get into the swing of things, it's actually okay. Simon and Josh, who came down after hearing Simon come in, immediately went onto the Xbox to play some games, but he still had Oli with him; Oli was sleeping on his chest and it was too cute to not take a photo. We had yet to announce that Oliver had been born, so we had gone ghost on all social media for a while. The fans had no idea what was going on.

sazclose, callux, realcalfreezy and 457,292 others liked

charlielittlemix: my two favourites🌍💕 on the 29th of May, our baby boy, Oliver James Minter, was born. Sorry, we haven't been active on social media, a baby does take up a lot of our time! Promise to be more active nowadays💞
sarahclose: OMG! He is so cute, Callum and I have gotta meet him soon😍
charlielittlemix: @/sarahclose definitely! Text me sometime and Simon and I will meet you and Lux 💋
realcalfreezy: My nephew is too cute😍
freyanightingale: So lucky to be a godmother to this absolute angel😇 love him to pieces x💞
geenelson: This photo is so Tumblr x
emilygeere: Still haven't got round to meet him yet! I'll be over soon with prezzies x
charlielittlemix: @/geenelson my photography skills🙌💁 @/emilygeere text me when you're free and you can come over!😚

After about an hour Oliver started stirring, so Simon asked if I could take him which I did, then I fed him his bottle. As I fed him, his big brown eyes looked up at me with love. It's weird how neither Simon nor I have brown eyes, yet Oliver had dark brown eyes. Lewis came in after doing some Sidemen Clothing orders and saw Oli for the first time. He sat down next to me, looking at what the boys who were still playing GTA V.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked him. He nodded and I handed Oli to him, causing Oliver to stir a bit, but he eventually looked back up at Lewis and smiled a gummy smile. It's crazy how much Oliver looked like Lewis, rather than Simon, but I just assumed it was our genes that caused Oliver to have brown eyes and brown hair. I smiled at the two. "I'm just gonna grab a drink, does anyone want one?"

"I'll have a Dr Pepper," Josh said.

"Can I have a Red Bull?" Simon asked.

"I don't want anything, thank you," Lewis replied, so I set off for the kitchen with Freya to get the drinks.

While Freya poured Josh a glass of Dr Pepper, I grabbed the Red Bull and a straw for me as I only had it through straws. Before we went into the living room, Freya asked a question, that took me by surprise. "Do you still love Lewis?"

"Such a random question, Frey." I laughed, opening my Red Bull and twisting the pull tab on the can around and putting the straw in. "Lewis will always have a little piece of my heart, he was my first ever love but I do love Simon. A lot. Lewis and I have both moved on, I just want to put it in the past."

"Oh," Freya replied as we walked in with the drinks.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just wondering." She replied.

I handed Simon's drink to him. "Thanks, babe," Simon said, opening it with one hand and taking a sip.

Oliver started crying so I put my drink down and took Oli from Lewis who looked terrified of the screaming baby in front of him. Laughing slightly at Lewis' reaction, I rocked him back and forth until he quietened down. I put him in the Moses basket that we had downstairs, then fell back on to the sofa. I put my legs on Simon's as Josh turned the Xbox off and then Josh put a movie on. Simon didn't seem interested in the movie, instead, he moved my legs off him and cuddled up to me. He had his head on my lap, so I played with his hair until he eventually fell asleep."I'm looking after two babies I swear," I said, causing the others to laugh.

Eventually, the others went upstairs, but I stayed down here with Simon and Oli, eventually falling asleep myself.