Torture

Dimitar's vise-like grasp seized onto Sophie's arm. "Well, if it isn't Sophie Foster. Just the person I was hoping to see." 

Sophie realized that this--all of this--the whole kidnapping--was a ploy to capture her.

To make her pay.

To make everyone and everything she cared about pay. 

"Get your hands off of her!" Fitz yelled. He lunged for Sophie's hand but another ogre picked him up as if he were a feather.

"Fitz, don't!" Sophie shrieked. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Dimitar raised an eyebrow. "Don't want him hurt, eh?" His mouth curled into a sinister smile. "Jakar! Come!" he told the ogre holding Fitz as he poked Sophie in the back with his sword. "Move it, girl. And the rest of you put those prisoners to work. Now!" Dimitar kept his sword on Sophie as he led them down endless corridors. Sophie was so exhausted from the attempted rescue that she kept stumbling. After who knows how long, she was about ready to collapse but Dimitar ushered her outside to where trolls and goblins suffered painful blows from their overseers as they accomplished grueling tasks. "Sit," he ordered, and she complied. He nodded at Jakar, who set Fitz down and told him to start plowing the sun-dried dirt. 

It was literal torture, watching the elf she loved toil away at the ground and knowing she couldn't help him. Sophie squeezed her eyes shut, unable to look at him. She built up all of her hatred and anger before loosing it at all of the ogres within 100ft of her. As everyone except her and Fitz and the chained captives collapsed, Sophie leapt up, grabbed Fitz's hand, and sprinted away.