Surprise

Crack! They appeared in a small cave, collapsing on the hard rock. 

"Well, that was an adventure," Keefe remarked, always the optimist. He got to his feet and surveyed the area. "You guys aren't claustrophobic, are you, because --" Keefe broke off, because he had just strayed to the cave's mouth and looked down. "Actually, never mind. You aren't acrophobes?"

"Why?" Fitz asked, following Keefe. He looked down. "Wow, Keefe's right - for once." (Keefe smirked at this) "It's a sheer 500 foot drop down there. We'd be killed before we reached the bottom."

"Great," Biana grumbled. "Just great. Now what are we supposed to do?" She threw up her hands in exasperation. "We have no food, no water, and we'd die if we fall down."

"I could teleport us somewhere else," suggested Sophie. "My teleportation abilities activate when we're falling."

"That won't be necessary." A dwarf popped up from the ground. ("Dude!" Keefe exclaimed. "Not again!") "This is the entrance to our secret base. We ask that you are blindfolded before we take you down there." He passed around some pieces of cloth, and they tied them on their heads.

-+-+-+-+-

Sophie woke a while later, the others slowly coming to consciousness around her as well. As her pupils grew larger to accommodate the limited light in the room, she shuddered. The rocky walls of the underground pocket reminded her all to well of when she drank an ounce of limbium to fix her mind. Her star-shaped scar throbbed slightly, and Keefe winced. 

"Foster, you okay? I'm getting a tingle of pain from you."

"I'm fine," she reassured him, then stood. "It's just ... the memories."

"Are we supposed to be waiting for someone?" Fitz asked, getting to his feet. "Like Mr. Forkle?"

A person stepped out of the shadows. "Yes, I am here. Are you prepared to take the task?"

All of the young elves nodded.

"Good. We actually have two assignments for you to do." Mr. Forkle's blue eyes lingered on Sophie and Fitz. "Now, this will be highly dangerous -- for all of you. I want you to sneak into Ravagog."