Abduction

A/N: Sorry for the late update; Wattpad deleted the chapter I was working on and I've been busy lately.

At breakfast the next morning, the Collective appeared. "We have some bad news," Mr. Forkle said. "The Council has been abducted by the ogres."

"WHAT?!" Sophie, Fitz, Biana, Dex, and Keefe shouted. "How? When?" Sophie asked.

"Just this morning," said Tiergan. "Mr. Forkle went to see them and they were gone. They left a note from King Dimitar saying that the ogres were going to take over the Lost Cities."

"Then we need to rescue them," Keefe said. "Let's storm Ravagog! Who's with me?"

"I am!" Biana said, and Dex flung his hand into the air.

"But isn't getting into Ravagog supposed to be, like, impossible?" Fitz asked.

"Yes," a new voice replied, and Sophie spotted Calla standing in the corner of the gazebo. "But I can have the roots take us there.

Mr. Forkle sighed. "It's too dangerous," he protested. "I won't allow you to do this. The Collective will be the ones risking their lives."

"But this is the Council we're talking about," Sophie argued. "Our world is crumbling. I'm not going to keep myself safe and risk the freedom of everyone else. Her friends agreed heartily.

"Fine," Tiergan said. "Ready yourselves. We leave at nightfall."